Kindle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Marv and I've been a long time lurker on this board but never posted before today.  I asked about protection for my Kindle while on the beach and many people had helpful advice, so I decided to come over and give a proper howdy do!

I live in a very small town in Mississippi with my wife and 11 year old son, both of whom still don't understand my obsession but tolerate it!  I travel a lot with my job, so my Kindle is my constant companion in airports, airplanes, and hotels.

Thanks again for the friendly advice and I'll try to lurk less and post more!

BP.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Welcome, Marv.  We here understand (and can relate to) your obsession and will support it with fervor!

I am in Southaven, MS.  Nice to have other Mississippians here!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Hey Marv and welcome :)

I bet the Kindle is a lifesaver for those who constantly travel such as yourself. No more stuffing your bag with heaps of books, or being too picky with what you should bring with you. Awesome sauce.

Great community here with lots of helpful people. Any questions, just fire away.

·
Registered
712 Posts
hi marv, and welcome. i'm from lucedale originaly, but i have lived in texas since i was a teenager.what part of the state are you from? lucedale (in case you don't know, and why would you if you aren't close to there?) is just across the state line from mobile on hwy 98.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello to Lucedale from Booneville!

I've been through Lucedale many times.  We go to Orange Beach, AL for vacation quite a bit and we sometime go through there!

Thanks for the welcome!

BP.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome, Marv! Glad you found Kindleboards1

·
Registered
134 Posts
Welcome Marv............I am sure you will love your Kindle.....also, this site is great with lots' of nice folks.

Brian

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Welcome to the boards :) Glad you are here :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
I live in Long Beach, MS. Originally from Meridian.

Don't have a Kindle yet, saving up to get one.

I've already thought of a name for mine, just to go along with everyone

·
Registered
73 Posts
I live in Long Beach, MS. Originally from Meridian.

Don't have a Kindle yet, saving up to get one.

I've already thought of a name for mine, just to go along with everyone.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Hey Marv! Welcome to KB! My hubby doesn't understand my obsession either! ;D

Welcome robertlc. Hope your wait on getting a Kindle is short!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts