Kindle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just discovered this forum a couple of days ago.  After a day or two of lurking I signed up.  Had to check to make sure it was Troll free.

Ordered my first Kindle the day after the Kindle 2 was announced as I wasn't sure that the original Kindle would catch on.  As a fan of dead tree books,  I wasn't sure that I wouldn't enjoy the experience as well as regular books.

The biggest driver for me was the distance to the nearest bookstore and missing out on titles as they came out.  Don't even ask about the quality of the nearest library.....

"I'll just wait for the paperback addition" kept me from getting all the books I wanted and waiting for Amazon to deliver was always a bother.  Lack of patience and a whole wall filling up with books made me figure that the Kindle was worth the dollar risk.

After the first couple of books, I have become an addict.  Snide comments from SWMBO such as "Must be a really good book" have confirmed it.  As with any junkie, my reaction was predictable.  Another Kindle is on the way to keep her busy.

The new Kindle will be a DX.  I do read a lot of technical books and I have found the small screen just doesn't work as well as I would like for graphs and diagrams.  I'll take the new one and pass on the K2 to her.

Alas, this Means she Will get my Oberon cover and I'll have to wait several months for Oberon to come out with a new cover. :'(

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome, whiterab! Glad you found KIndleBoards!

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi Whiterab, whereabout in the Hill Country are you?  We have several folks here from that area as well as from Texas!

We love kindle families, so be sure and have her post here as well when she gets her very own kindle  :D

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Hey welcome to KB!! I live a little east of Boerne and lived in Kerrville for a while.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
They have hills in Texas? Welcome and enjoy

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the welcome !!!

For those that inquired, I'm outside of Hunt, Tx - just off the confluence of the North and South forks of the Guadalupe river.

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
cheerio said:
They have hills in Texas? Welcome and enjoy
It's a WHOLE 'nother country... Didn't ya know ;) I'm from Houston so, I travel around on weekends, I still have PLENTY to see. The state is like 880 miles wide and is about the same distance north to south... weez BIG! ;D

·
Registered
134 Posts
Welcome and hope you enjoy your Kindle and the new DX when you get one......this board is a real nice place and
most of the folks seem real nice.

Brian

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Welcome, Whiterab!  Love the Texas hill country, so beautiful....will get back there someday!

Have you already ordered the DX?  Ship date June 10, I hear?

Betsy

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Betsy,

Yes, the DX is on order with a projected arrival date of June 12th!

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Welcome to the boards :) Glad you are here :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts