Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I'm sergirl and I've had my Kindle for three days and can't put it down! I've been wanting it forever and finally talked my dh into buying it for an early birthday present for me.  I feel like a kid at Christmas!!

·
Registered
146 Posts
The combination of LA and New Orleans really confused me. I mean, I know I'm terrible at geography, but Los Angelos and New Orleans are not near each other. ;)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My Kindle froze for the first time last night.  I almost died!  I panicked and all these weird thoughts went through my head in under a minute, like, I don't want to send it back, if I send it back how long is it going to take to get a new one, now I'm going to have to go out and buy the hard copy of the book I was reading so I can finish it, etc., etc.,  My DH told me to take a deep breath and relax, which was very difficult being that my precious Kindle was not working.  I finally remembered the reset button and was off to find a paperclip.  I also ran to the computer pulled up this forum and found Leslie's advice on exactly what to do!  Thanks Leslie.  Now she is back in working order and I'm happy once again.  All this has also led to me naming my Kindle.  Let me introduce to you Serenity.  I guess everything happens for a reason eh?  Being that yesterday she turned 1 week and was still nameless :) 

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Ann Von Hagel said:
Keep a bent out paper clip in your kindle cover. . . .people will look at you funny if you go asking around for a paper clip in the middle of an airplane at 30,000 feet. . . . .

Ann
Good hint. I also call the paper clip "insurance." So far it's done a fine job of keeping my Kindle from freezing up!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Leslie said:
Ann Von Hagel said:
Keep a bent out paper clip in your kindle cover. . . .people will look at you funny if you go asking around for a paper clip in the middle of an airplane at 30,000 feet. . . . .

Ann
Good hint. I also call the paper clip "insurance." So far it's done a fine job of keeping my Kindle from freezing up!
Thanks for the "insurance" and Hi vg!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts