Kindle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm being a good little girl and into'ing myself just like I was told  ;D

I'm Katie, and I've been addicted to e-books for a while now, I finally rationalized the purchase of a gadget just for books.  My Kindle will probably be named Hypatia (Tia for short) for Hypatia of Alexandria, even if there isn't much proof that she was the librarian at Alexandria.  I'm excited as all get out about this, I just can't wait til it gets here!

Mostly I'm an SF reader but my bookshelves groan under a wide range of titles - Hopefully this will keep the additions to my library down so that I can catch up with the need for shelf space in my tiny house.  I'm in western Virginia in the Blue Ridge Mountains, and I'm a rabid college football fan.  I'm also one of those crazy people who travel around to Science Fiction conventions and freak out the mundanes in the vicinity. 

Looking forward to future conversations......
Katie

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Howdy Katie and welcome to our obsession!! You are going to love hanging out here. I am a fan of SF, too... any mysteries, and horror, and... hehe  Anyway, I have been having a blast here and have found many great recommendations for many books and genres I had never considered before. I live in TX.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
katiekat1066 said:
I'm being a good little girl and into'ing myself just like I was told ;D

I'm Katie, and I've been addicted to e-books for a while now, I finally rationalized the purchase of a gadget just for books. My Kindle will probably be named Hypatia (Tia for short) for Hypatia of Alexandria, even if there isn't much proof that she was the librarian at Alexandria. I'm excited as all get out about this, I just can't wait til it gets here!

Mostly I'm an SF reader but my bookshelves groan under a wide range of titles - Hopefully this will keep the additions to my library down so that I can catch up with the need for shelf space in my tiny house. I'm in western Virginia in the Blue Ridge Mountains, and I'm a rabid college football fan. I'm also one of those crazy people who travel around to Science Fiction conventions and freak out the mundanes in the vicinity.

Looking forward to future conversations......
Katie
Thanks Katie for introducing yourself on the Welcome board. The Blue Ridge Mountains are beautiful, I lived in Norfolk for 2 years and we went there often. I'm also a rabid football fan, (SEC preferably). Hang out here with us during the wait and we will all get to know each other better. Once "she" arrives you will definitely have to post again so we can all relive the day ours arrived. ;) I was like a kid on Christmas morning. Like the name Tia, there is a thread for names under Let's Talk Kindle.

I

·
0 Posts
Howdy K.

Welcome to the pod.  I m a bit distraceted right now.  There is a Kindle with my name on it freezing it's keyboard off, bouncing around in the back of a UPS truck somewhere in this little one horse town and it needs to be here like yesterday....!

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Welcome Aboard KatieKat,

There is LOTS of reading here on Kindleboards. You will learn how to use Kindle even before SHE arrives.

Glad to meet you, waving at you from Central California

--sailor

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm still in the "estimated arrival" stage.  Amazon says Dec 1 - 5 but I'm praying for an earlier arrival, although Thanksgiving will probably keep that from happening.  I opted for the one day shipping though - I figured once I'd splurged for the Kindle that the shipping was a minor cost.  I wish now I'd done this a couple of months ago!  I really want to get it next Friday so that I can take it up to my friend's place to show it off at our Thanksgiving get-together.  Chin is firmly up, and all my fingers are crossed!  I have to admit I'm slipping, I checked my status 3 times today  :-[ 
Katie

·
Registered
869 Posts
Well, Katie -

Now our chins are up & fingers crossed until your Kindle arrives. Keep us up to date, please!

What football teams do you follow? I'm football fan, too - Pac 10 & the Seahawks. Great game coming up tomorrow night with Texas Tech & Oklahoma.

Cheers,

Marci

I

·
0 Posts
You may be in luck.  My original date was Dec1-4 an I got it yesterday!  If you didn't over night it, there is time to upgrade,  :)  You will be glad you did.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow! Y'all are great!
I'm a dedicated University of Tennessee Volunteer, born wearing Orange and White during my father's Junior year at UT. I love SEC football in general, I start watching football at noon on Saturdays and sometimes don't stop until midnight or later - one game on the TV and one on the computer thanks to ESPN 360. My darling SO gets me the ESPN Game Plan each year so that I can watch EVERYTHING. I'm as hooked on football as I am on reading - football is just cheaper 8)
I'll be sure to give y'all a heads up just as soon as I get my shipping notice - I splurged for the one day shipping, I hope that makes it come sooner! I already have all my Baen books downloaded to my computer in the right format - took me two hours but then, I have WAY too many Baen books, now in 3 different formats :p I can't wait <dancing in my chair> I can't wait!

Katiekat

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
katiekat1066 said:
Wow! Y'all are great!
I'm a dedicated University of Tennessee Volunteer, born wearing Orange and White during my father's Junior year at UT. I love SEC football in general, I start watching football at noon on Saturdays and sometimes don't stop until midnight or later - one game on the TV and one on the computer thanks to ESPN 360. My darling SO gets me the ESPN Game Plan each year so that I can watch EVERYTHING. I'm as hooked on football as I am on reading - football is just cheaper 8)
I'll be sure to give y'all a heads up just as soon as I get my shipping notice - I splurged for the one day shipping, I hope that makes it come sooner! I already have all my Baen books downloaded to my computer in the right format - took me two hours but then, I have WAY too many Baen books, now in 3 different formats :p I can't wait <dancing in my chair> I can't wait!

Katiekat
Well we have something in common, I am a huge SEC football fan & spend my Saturdays same as you. I wear orange and blue, War Eagle!!, Auburn Tigers. Neither of us are having great seasons this year. From one SEC fan to another welcome to the Kindle Klub. :)

·
Registered
869 Posts
Oooooooohhhhhhhhm,

Loyalty to your team can't get much better with ESPN 360!

Too cool 8)

Glad to have you here, even if you are a SEC fan ;)

Marci

1 - 16 of 16 Posts