Kindle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!  I've been lurking a bit on these boards.  I got Kindle last summer and absolutely love her!  I call her Kindle (not orginal I know lol) or if I need the kids to get her, I call her "electronic book that no is allowed to touch except this one time!"  I'm 27 with 3 kids and already my oldest would like to get her own kindle someday soon.  I told her if they ever come out with a K2, we'd just have to see!  My hubby is in the navy and we move all the time, so a kindle just makes so much more sense.  I can cut down on my paper book collection and can always read at the same time! 

I also convinced my mother in law to get one (she loves it!) and my mother to get her place in line for hers!  My mom should get it soon, she checked last night, so hopefully in the next 2 weeks she'll have it! 

Oh and a side note, my first kindle had a "known defect" according to Amazon's Kindle CS, but they were able to send me a new one in November which was great!  Of course they told me the it effects very few kindles, but will work on that problem soon.  The defect had to do with it's constantly trying to compute a command and I wasn't able to do anything.  Also I couldn't put it to sleep without it locking up.  But luckily it had a happy ending and we're still in love ;)

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome! Glad you found the Board. Hope you have seen all the book Klubs over in the Book Corner. You can join in at any time. Plenty to learn and read here, too.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Welcome out of lurkdom CCS! Please join us for a book klub in The Book Corner. Check out Bargin Books and Free Books.

My husband is 20 years retired Navy and we are happy to be in one place now and close to family.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Welcome! I'm seeing a lot of military members and their dependents coming into the Kindleboards. There are a couple of multi-kindle families on the board. lol. Great to hear that your faulty Kindle was dealt with well by the Amazon CS. Hope you enjoy it here!!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Welcome to the KBboards ccs122300!

A gal who has three young children and still has time to read is my kind of gal!

Like you haven't named my Kindle but I, too, know she is a female.

If your experience is like mine you'll have a lot in common with bunch of us, I look forward to seeing your posts.

MALIBAMA

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Welcome CCS
cannot add anything anyone else has not said - except

Happy Reading  8)

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hi there and a warm welcome to you.  You and Kindle will love it here  :D

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Welcome. It is nice that your family members are also getting Kindles. My daughter has a Kindle and we share an account. That way we can share our books. Such fun.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts