Kindle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi from South Florida.  I first got interested in the Kindle last fall when my mother-in-law asked me about it because of Oprah.  At the time, we both decided to hold off on getting one.  Recently, I started thinking that I'd like one for my upcoming birthday and started researching them again to see if anything had changed.  I finally placed my order on Friday and I'm (im)patiently wait for it to arrive.  Now how to tell the husband that I already ordered my birthday present...

·
Registered
335 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Welcome Abby.  Glad you decided to join us.  If you don't tell him till after it arrives he'll probably figure it out because, if you're like the rest of us, we barely let our kindles out of our sight and we read a whole lot more. 
deb

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Hi Abby, welcome! Glad to have you here. I am sure you'll be enjoying your Kindle real soon...

L

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for the welcome.  I'm trying to sell hubby on the fact that there won't be as many books lying around the house!  ;)

·
Super Moderator
67,323 Posts
LOL. . .that was theoretically my selling point too.  But I also get the "100 classics" from Easton press so a new book comes every month anyway.  Hubby saw the one that came the other day and said "what's that?"  with a really quizical look on his face.  He just needs to build me one more book case and that'll be all I need.  I think. . .

Welcome to KindleBoards. . . .

Ann

·
Super Moderator
67,323 Posts
They are really nice bindings. . . and look really pretty on shelves.  I've read many over the years in paperback or for school or something. . .

Ann

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi Abby - nice to have you here -

and Happy Birthday whenever it is  8)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Welcome Abby!

Perhaps you can phrase your purchase thus: "For my birthday I am turning over a new leaf. There will no longer be so much paper brought into the house in the form of books, magazines, and newspapers [insert "because I know it drives you insane, OR because it creates clutter, etc., as appropriate] All I need(ed) to help me accomplish my goal was a little device from Amazon, and perhaps you would like to give it to me for my birthday? And you don't even have to do a thing, because I've already ordered it!"

G

·
Oh you may wantto add,

"Because of this, no one needs to get me anything else.  If you feel you must get me something anyway, I would like Amazon gift cards.  They are also paper free and good for the enviroment and the economy!"

·
Registered
191 Posts
Welcome Abby.

What great ideas.

I just said I'm getting my b-day/christmas present for myself when tax money comes in.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Abby,

Welcome Aboard :)

You ordered your Kindle at a very interesting time with the K2 press conference and all that.

Glad to have you here, and best of luck with what tactic you use (if needed) for telling your husband.

Marci

1 - 15 of 15 Posts