Kindle Forum banner

Hi

610 views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  NapCat (retired) 
#1 ·
New here, stumbled upon this board via a random Google search. I'm a writer, so naturally I'm a reader as well. Do I own a Kindle? No. :eek: My wife has a Nook, though! ;D I'm not opposed to the idea of using an e-reader, it's just that I've got so many unread paper books sitting around that I'm never without something to read. No, really, E-readers are great, especially when people are using them to read my book! I will say that between the Nook and Kindle apps for PC and Iphone, Kindle's the best. Nook's is an ugly mess that doesn't look anything like the device it purports to emulate.
Let's see, a little about me... Well, I've already stated that I like to read and write, so there's that. I'm a big music fan, both creating and listening; I love animals, specifically pugs(I have two)and cats(two also), and I'm married to a wonderful, supportive woman. That's about it, in a nutshell.

#7 ·
Daniel Leston said:
Hi, Patrick, and welcome to KB. Lots of fine authors in this forum, so I suspect you'll like it here. Wishing you every success with your books.

Dan --
Thanks, you too. As (somewhat of) a history buff, your book about searching for the body of Alexander the Great intrigues me. I just might have to check it out. Actually, I've just completed my first novel, and it feels good to have finally carried out such a monumental task, after years of saying "Some day!" I've always written short stories, but a novel is a completely different animal, for sure.

#14 ·
Hi, Patrick,
Welcome to the Kindleboards from a writer of suspense novels from Canada.  I'm also lover of animals, and like you, a fan of all sorts of music.  Presently I'm trying to teach myself to play the piano.
Wishing you great success with your books.

Joan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.