Kindle Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the proud owner of a Kindle that is hidden away until Christmas  :'(  I wonder if I can still download to it until I get my hands on it?  I am an avid reader, Grandma of 2 boys & I do a lot of sewing and machine embroidery.

It's nice to see such an active board!

·
Registered
509 Posts
In order for you to order content from Amazon for your hidden Kindle, you would need access to the Amazon account that purchased it. If it's a gift, you would need the account name and password before sending content that will be delivered first time the Kindle wireless is turned on.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Betsyam said:
I am the proud owner of a Kindle that is hidden away until Christmas :'( I wonder if I can still download to it until I get my hands on it? I am an avid reader, Grandma of 2 boys & I do a lot of sewing and machine embroidery.

Hi Betsyam... sorry you have to wait until Christmas... I was going to have to wait, too, but hubby gave in and let me have it back (it was only wrapped for about 12 hours) last Saturday morning!! I too am a Grandma... 2 boys, one girl and love to sew.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Welcome!

Do you know where the Kindle is hidden at?  You could unleash those two boys and I bet they could find it.  Then you can spend the next 6 weeks practicing your 'I'm so surprised' face.

I'm baaad at waiting.  ;D

·
Registered
49 Posts
Oh man, you must have the patience of a saint!  I would never make it.  The good thing is that at this time of year the times really seems to whiz by.  Maybe you should celebrate Hanukah.  That comes earlier doesn't it???? ;)  Of course if you happened to sneak it, none of us would ever tell! :-X

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Hi Betsy, welcome.

I'm like the others...I could never wait if I knew it was in the house.

L

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Welcome Aboard Betsyam...you found a great place to learn about Kindle.

How on earth can there be a 'hidden' Kindle in the house??? Okay, first rule is...go find it and open it and use it until Christmas...LOL

Second rule if first rule dosn't work...tell the gifter that Kindle only has a 30 day warranty period and you need to use it to find out if it works or not. (really if it was bought Nov 1 on, you have until Jan 31 for returns but they might not know this).

Third rule...repeat rule One until you find it or Christmas comes.

Glad to meet you.

·
Registered
146 Posts
sailor said:
Welcome Aboard Betsyam...you found a great place to learn about Kindle.

How on earth can there be a 'hidden' Kindle in the house??? Okay, first rule is...go find it and open it and use it until Christmas...LOL

Second rule if first rule dosn't work...tell the gifter that Kindle only has a 30 day warranty period and you need to use it to find out if it works or not. (really if it was bought Nov 1 on, you have until Jan 31 for returns but they might not know this).

Third rule...repeat rule One until you find it or Christmas comes.

Glad to meet you.
Wouldn't the beginning of November to the end of January be, like... 2 months? Which is like... 60ish days?

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Betsyam said:
I am the proud owner of a Kindle that is hidden away until Christmas :'( I wonder if I can still download to it until I get my hands on it? I am an avid reader, Grandma of 2 boys & I do a lot of sewing and machine embroidery.

Yay for you!

·
Premium Member
63,460 Posts
Betsyam said:

Great to see another Betsy on board! Congratulations on the Kindle and on getting hubby to let you testdrive it!

Woohoo! Now you need to go to our Book Corner Board and Accessories to see what you need for Kindle!

Betsy

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Wow Besty and I'm having a hard time just waiting until Dec 5-10th!  I think if I had to wait tell Christmas I'd drive everyone stark raving mad LOL!

I hope he gives in and you are able to get it before then!!

Welcome to the board!

TheresaM

·
Registered
76 Posts
You are so lucky Betsy. Mine is hidden somewhere in the house and the hubby is NOT giving in on
letting me check it out. He had a co-worker order it for him (one of my best buddies) and she checked it out when it arrived so I have
been assured that all is well. I had promised (what was I thinking??) to wait until Christmas to open it if I
could just have one. Note to self: be careful what you wish for....now I am crossing days off of the calendar. :(

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Vicki:  Buy one, use it, send it back just under the 30 days...Receive his on Christmas; you're golden. ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts