Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

Just wanted to drop a line and say that I am a new member here. Not selling anything yet, but I love Kindles, and I love to write, so hopefully, once I'm finished revising my novel (in about two or three centuries) I'll be able to upload it on Amazon and become rich, famous, with extravagant hairstyles and a boob job. Or won't, probably.  ;D

Looking forward to learning from this community! Please excuse my horrible english, I'll do my best to be understandable.

Best regards from France.
Nathalie Hamidi

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome, Nathalie!! We are so glad you found KindleBoards, an independent resource for people who own or have interest in Kindle. We have many areas that you probably will like. Have you been to The Book Corner yet? That's the area for discussions about books (naturally :D ). That's also where you will find threads about books Recommended by our Members and a list of additional sites for Book Lovers.
Then there is the Book Bazaar where our member/authors post about their books and the Writers' Cafe that has discussions about writing, publishing and many other topics. Here is a link to all the KindleBoards authors:Unofficial master list of Kindleboards Authors. That is also where you will locate Bargain Books and even Free Books threads where you can get reading material at low or no cost! Here is a link to get you started: Master list of free & under $1 titles available from Amazon.
If you have a question about your Kindle or it's usage, check out the FAQ or the forum about Tips, Tricks and Trouble Shooting . Or, just ask your question. We have many helpful and knowledgeable people here at KB and we feel there is no such thing as a "dumb" question. Questions about KindleBoards may be answered at Your guide to Forum Speak! linked from Forum tips. If not, once again, ask away! To keep everything running smoothly, we ask that everyone read Forum decorum. There are a few points there particularly for authors. Further questions concerning KB may be answered here: Authors: 7 essential KindleBoards tips.
Another popular place is Let's Talk Kindle, where all things in the Kindle world are posted about. Be sure and check out the Photo Gallery, where pictures of members, pets, flowers, landscapes or just almost anything interesting can be found.
Have you been to the Accessories area? There you will see information about covers, skins, lights, bags, stands and many other items to allow you to personalize your Kindle.
Looking to just kill some time while you are waiting for your Kindle or if you have your kindle, want to try something different? Try INFINITY Game - Word Association or The "INFINITY" Thread: KEEP POSTING...Ready, Set,... GO!!! in the Not Quite Kindle area.
Sorry for the long post, but there is just so much to do, learn and like about KindleBoards that I just get carried away. :)

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much for your kind reply! I'll browse around in the forums, I'm sure I'll learn a lot by watching you guys operate.

I'd love to become a self-published writer, but I still am a newbie in fiction writing. Yet I have self-published some books about autism (in french) with a (very) little success, so I'm confident I'm in the right path to maybe one day become a fiction writer too!  :)

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
medicalhumor said:
Keep writing Nathalie!
You can get that novel done!
I don't want to be famous, just rich...
Mike Cyra
Thank you Mike! I really need motivation, do you know where I could buy some? ;)
Know what? I'll get famous, you get rich, and then we share, OK? ;D

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ilyria_moon said:
High-maintenance and deranged - sounds like me! Welcome :)
Thank you! :)
This is a very nice community, I'm humbled by the amount of writers and books that already exist and bring joy and entertainment to other people. Can't wait to join your ranks! :)

·
Registered
5,937 Posts
Hi, Nathalie, and welcome to KB from Canada.  Glad to have you with us.  Now get cracking on finishing that book of yours!

Dan --

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow! Thanks a lot for the warm welcome.  :)

I have a long way to go before joining your ranks, first one being revising my novel, and then also translating it in english... I'll have to get cracking on that, too, but I am most definitely not sure that my english skills are up to par! Are there many foreign languages book authors on these Kindle Boards?

·
Registered
8,822 Posts
Welcome to the Kindle Boards

You will find lots of friendly folks here offering advice and encouragement.

Your English is fine...no need to apologize.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the kind(le) welcome!  ;D
Actually, High Maintenance and Deranged is the name of my weblog... Not much there because I have a bad tendency to start over, but I've been blogging for almost 10 years now.

John, question: I see you publish erotica. I was afraid Amazon doesn't authorize this kind of content and was going to rewrite one part of my novel, could you tell me what I need to be aware of if I put some adult content in my novel? Disclaimer on the Amazon page, what? Thanks for your help.  :)

·
Registered
978 Posts
Hi, Nathalie. Welcome aboard - may your stay be long and fruitful.

Never give up on your dream, nibbling away often brings results. Amazon publishes erotica, but has a problem if it involves teens. Work has been removed for under-age sex.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ajbarnett said:
Hi, Nathalie. Welcome aboard - may your stay be long and fruitful.

Never give up on your dream, nibbling away often brings results. Amazon publishes erotica, but has a problem if it involves teens. Work has been removed for under-age sex.
Thank you for the nice welcome and answering my question! :)
I'll work hard to publish a non-crappy novel. ;D

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you very much!  :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts