Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Mark says:
Hi, Just thought I would share some info I got. I ordered the executive cover with the hinge. I was reading a discussion topic and saw someone mention that with the hinge cover you cant really fold the cover back because it dislodges the hinge. I called amazon to check this out. What i got from my conversation was that was right..if you like to fold the cover back behind the kindle like I do with my kindle 1 this would not work for you. I guess if you use the cover like a book then it is fine. I got an email from m edge and they are now offering the executive cover with the straps too...so that is what i will purchase..hope i didnt confuse anyone with this.. "

I just saw this post at Amazon. This might explain why M-Edge has changed from the hinge to the traditional four corners.

This could be bogus, it is from the main Amazon site. But it is something to think about.

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
ProfCrash said:
"Mark says:
Hi, Just thought I would share some info I got. I ordered the executive cover with the hinge. I was reading a discussion topic and saw someone mention that with the hinge cover you cant really fold the cover back because it dislodges the hinge. I called amazon to check this out. What i got from my conversation was that was right..if you like to fold the cover back behind the kindle like I do with my kindle 1 this would not work for you. I guess if you use the cover like a book then it is fine. I got an email from m edge and they are now offering the executive cover with the straps too...so that is what i will purchase..hope i didnt confuse anyone with this.. "

I just saw this post at Amazon. This might explain why M-Edge has changed from the hinge to the traditional four corners.

This could be bogus, it is from the main Amazon site. But it is something to think about.
Good to know. Folding back is extremely important to me. I guess that's another Amazon cover that's not very useful for me. What am I going to do until my M-Edge gets here?

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would call and ask if this is really the case. I am passing on another persons post. I know many folks here don't check Amazon so I thought I would share what I saw. If it is, then I could see where that would be a problem.

·
Registered
202 Posts
M-edge will probably arrive a week after Kindle....maybe you just have to wait for it. Its no big deal to me since I'm so good at waiting... I've been doing it for 2 months!  I'm glad they changed the design at m-edge and I'm glad I didn't spend the cash on the amazon cover.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
luvmy4brats said:
Good to know. Folding back is extremely important to me. I guess that's another Amazon cover that's not very useful for me. What am I going to do until my M-Edge gets here?
Luv are the new m-Edge for K 2 the ones you were talkingabout that don't fold back flat? I have the old one without the band.

·
Registered
192 Posts
This is from the description of the Amazon cover on Amazon's web site:

This lightweight cover is contoured to fit Kindle 2's smooth, rounded edges. Reading with the cover on, you can easily access Kindle's navigation features and power switch, while still enjoying a perfect fit in your hands. Fold back the cover and read comfortably with just one hand. The black leather is textured with a traditional pebbled grain, giving your Kindle 2 a sophisticated look.

I read this that you can fold it back. When I receive the cover, if it doesn't work the way I want it to, I'll return it.

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bordercollielady said:
Darn.. now I'm sorry I ordered it since I always fold the cover back when I'm reading. Oh well - it will go back. :mad: :mad:
Or see how it works and make your decision. Like I said, I am posting one person message. It could be wrong.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I just noticed this picture of the one I was thinking of on the Amazon site:

I love the idea of the hinge but maybe I will wait and see what others think. I may just hold out for the Oberons...

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Octochick said:
I just noticed this picture of the one I was thinking of on the Amazon site:

I love the idea of the hinge but maybe I will wait and see what others think. I may just hold out for the Oberons...
This is the style I have in red and I love it. For the price I like it better than my 1 week old Oberon. The Oberons are beautiful but I don't like that wool piece that catches everything. Other than the beautiful craftsmanship I don't see any difference as far as protection which is all I am looking for in a cover. I can use the $45 difference for books. ;)

·
Registered
202 Posts
I think there is some confusion in this thread.  The original poster was talking about the Amazon cover for $29.99. This person saw a post over at the amazon site stating that you can't really fold back the AMAZON cover. The amazon description says you can fold it back.  By the way, those covers have not yet been shipped so Bordercollielady can still cancel if she wants to.

Now to m-edge.  On Monday and Tuesday they had displayed their executive covers with hinges also.  It looks like they changed those covers to have the 4 corners instead.  I will email them to find out if anyone is getting the hinged ones displayed on Monday and Tuesday, or if those have been scrapped.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
k_reader said:
I think there is some confusion in this thread. The original poster was talking about the Amazon cover for $29.99. This person saw a post over at the amazon site stating that you can't really fold back the AMAZON cover. The amazon description says you can fold it back. By the way, those covers have not yet been shipped so Bordercollielady can still cancel if she wants to.

Now to m-edge. On Monday and Tuesday they had displayed their executive covers with hinges also. It looks like they changed those covers to have the 4 corners instead. I will email them to find out if anyone is getting the hinged ones displayed on Monday and Tuesday, or if those have been scrapped.
Thanks for the clarification k_reader. :)

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
k_reader said:
I think there is some confusion in this thread. The original poster was talking about the Amazon cover for $29.99. This person saw a post over at the amazon site stating that you can't really fold back the AMAZON cover. The amazon description says you can fold it back. By the way, those covers have not yet been shipped so Bordercollielady can still cancel if she wants to.
So it didn't pertain to the M-edge Leather Platform cover? Super. By the way, I did check my order and the Cancel button is not there anymore.. so it has already processed.

Later: From subsequent posts - I'm confused again.. Does the M-edge platform not fold back or does the Amazon cover not fold back?

·
Registered
202 Posts
I think you can cancel it as long as it has not already shipped. If you really don't want it, I'd call, and they should be able to cancel it. Its just a "pre-order" after all. Maybe now that everyone is seeing the m-edge on Amazon, they are turning the 'cancel' option off for their own covers. ;)

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry if there is any confusion. I was posting what I read on Amazon for the folks who would be buying accessories here.

The Amazon poster called and talked to Customer Support who said that the hinges would dislodge if the cover was bent back. I realize that the Amazon description said that the cover can be folded back. The poster (Mark) was told something different by Customer Service.

I have no clue which is right, CS or the description, just wanted to share some info for folks thinking about covers.

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
Linda Cannon-Mott said:
Luv are the new m-Edge for K 2 the ones you were talking about that don't fold back flat? I have the old one without the band.
Yep, The ones with the band. The old ones folded flat just fine. The band makes it thicker and harder to fold back. Plus the spine is stiffer so you can't fold it back as well. I'll try to take some pictures of my daughter's in the morning so you can see how it folds. There's about an inch or so ledge on the left hand side..just a bit to wide for my little hands. (I'm only 4'10"..the size of an average 11 year old :) )

·
Registered
308 Posts
After alot of back and forth trying to decide what to do case wise, I ordered the m-edge blue saffire platform case (love the color) and the black case from amazon. I was going to get the sleeve instead since I do like to sometimes read out of a case but I was leary of not having a proper case for over 2 weeks or more while I wait for the m-edge case. I am going by what the amazon page says not sales people who even admit they haven't held the new kindle case. I have a sony and the mechanism they use does make it ok for folding back. The only problem comes in with there premium leather case are harder to fold back but thats mainly because the case is fairly stiff and this case doesn't look to be that way. If its a no go for folding back after all, atleast I have a case to put it in while I wait for my other case and I will just read it out of the case and occasionally in the case without folding it back. But I really feel the amazon page is where the correct info is.

Also my experiences with m-edge in the past, I am not counting on the pre-order expected ship date to be accurate. Twice before they have had an expected ship date and then that gets pushed back 2 more weeks or more so I don;t want to be without a case for a month.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts