Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone doing anything special?

I'm taping the ceremonies and may even go into Seattle to watch the event at the Paramount theater. 

Seems such history should be observed within a community of people, not at home.  I, for one, feel this is one my generation's signal events just as President Kennedy's assassination was for my parents' generation.

Another thing I will do is purchase all of today's papers, Kindle & otherwise!

Can't wait!

Marci

6:15 am  Local news reports that there is a line snaking around the Paramount whose doors are scheduled to open at 7am  :-[  Guess I won't be making that event.  Okay, home it is.  I did read that local Starbucks are going to be streaming live footage for those who drink mochas and coffee 

·
Registered
455 Posts
I agree, Marci. We're not doing anything special, but we will be watching. Mike took off from work, tho, so I'm happy he'll be home to watch it for me. :)

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
This thread will do nicely as an online party! I'll bring my mom's recipe for stuffed mushrooms! Yum! And I've got some Asti Spumante (Italian sparkling wine). Party!

Betsy

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What a great idea.

Here are some photos to kick off the festivities

Many more sure to come!

Can't wait to see what everyone contributes :D

Marci

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Only mildly off topic...

I have the Declaration of Independence on my Kindle.

My daughter asked my why; I said "because I can"   :)
But, seriously, I've actually read it (well, ok, not all of it)

·
Registered
455 Posts
Oh, I didn't know I was supposed to bring something. Let me see what I can find. :)

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
It's astounding. I turned on the tv early just to take a look and I can't turn it off. I remember LBJ's and KFK's inauguration, but this one takes the cake. I'm recording it for some working friends who'll come over tonight for a potluck recap.

Another friend in another city told me she's going to party like a Barack star....

I'll fix the coffee!

Cheers!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Here are Barack Obama's favorite chocolates: Fran's Gray and Smoked Salted Caramels

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm just watching it on TV... nothing special.

Today's drink of the day is The Dick Cheney Shooter. I created this drink almost two years ago and named it in honor of when Dick Cheney shot his hunting partner in the face.

THE DICK CHENEY SHOOTER
Serve in an Old Fashioned Glass

1 part Gin
1 part Lemon Lime soda
1/2 part White Rum
splash Grenadine

Mix ingredients over ice in a shaker, shake, strain and pour. Drink as a shooter. Can also be made as a drink, with ice.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Fran's Gray and Smoked Salted Caramels
Yum-o! Where you do get those? and can you get them by the crate?

We always have tvs in our office on cnbc (used to be CNN, til we all got busted for being way to into the Anna Nicole Smith drama), and they're carrying live footage beside the daily stock stuff. Does anyone understand all that? We don't have sound, just pictures. For fun, and if we have no adult supervision, we'll have contests to see who can come up with what they're saying.

·
Registered
788 Posts
ScrappingForever said:
Here are Barack Obama's favorite chocolates: Fran's Gray and Smoked Salted Caramels

The man has good taste! Salted caramel is delicious!

I'm watching the coverage on msnbc.com myself.

·
Super Moderator
67,251 Posts
Millions of people on the National Mall; temp about 27 as I type, but sunny:  A good place to opt for a paper book, if you feel the need for one, rather than the Kindle. :)

Ann

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
Here's an appropriate bargain book for the day:

Betsy
Thanks Betsy,

I'm proud to be an American every inauguration day. Because each 4 years we shift leadership without bloodshed or a battle. This is a great country wether or not we agree with the man in office!!

I usually don't watch the inaugurations.. I seem to fall asleep during speeches, doesn't matter who gives them, I just don't have the attention span and I find 25 other things to be doing. ::)

theresam

1 - 20 of 168 Posts