Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love historical fiction anyone want to share their favorite books in this genre?

Here are mine not all available on K unfortunately.

I am still reading this one but it's great

I did like The Red Tent but it kinda just lost my interest once they went to Egypt. I think Sarah by Marek Halter is a much better book in this vein though.

·
Registered
96 Posts
The Persian Boy (Alexander the Great)

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
I loved the Horatio Hornblower series (by C. S. Forster) which I read much of (but not all) in my high school/college years, but it does not appear that any of them are on Kindle. :(

·
Registered
597 Posts
I haven't read this (it's on my TBR pile) so I can't comment on whether it is good or not, but it got great reviews on Amazon and is about a subject that you don't often see covered in historical fiction. This book is the first of a trilogy about Genghis Khan.

·
Registered
6,222 Posts

I found this for my kindle while I was clicking on a bio of Mary Lincoln that just isn't coming out for kindle. It's written in the first person by Mary Lincoln while she is in the sanitarium after her son checks her in. It goes with the premise that she was not insane. I have started it just to get a flavor and like it a lot, but I'm currently reading other books, so it may be a while before I read the whole thing.

Marti

·
Registered
428 Posts

This is about the roman invasion of Gaul, but tells it from the point of view of the Gaul, I found it extremely interesting because usually you just hear about the roman side of things.

Thankyou for starting this thread, big historical fiction fan....

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Two of our KindleBoards authors. I have read both of these and they were very good:

L

·
Registered
530 Posts
NogDog said:
I loved the Horatio Hornblower series (by C. S. Forster) which I read much of (but not all) in my high school/college years, but it does not appear that any of them are on Kindle. :(
Yeah I know! I requested them though! :)

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Two more books I have read and enjoyed. Do you get the feeling I read quite a bit of historical fiction? LOL

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Neekeebee said:
Those are my favorite PG books.

Sharon Kay Penman is always good. I really want to read this one which is available for Kindle.

It looks like her Llewelyn trilogy is also available, now. I've read that in dtb and it's excellent.

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
mlewis78 said:

I found this for my kindle while I was clicking on a bio of Mary Lincoln that just isn't coming out for kindle. It's written in the first person by Mary Lincoln while she is in the sanitarium after her son checks her in. It goes with the premise that she was not insane. I have started it just to get a flavor and like it a lot, but I'm currently reading other books, so it may be a while before I read the whole thing.

Marti
This one sounds good. ;D

·
Registered
621 Posts
worktolive said:
I haven't read this (it's on my TBR pile) so I can't comment on whether it is good or not, but it got great reviews on Amazon and is about a subject that you don't often see covered in historical fiction. This book is the first of a trilogy about Genghis Khan.

I have read it and the other two books of this trilogy and really enjoyed them.

patrisha

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I am searching a new epic and/or historical novel (not the classic that I have already read).

I prefer stories set during the war time (ACW, WWI, WWII, Napoleonic period...) but these parameters are not binding.

Someone can help me?

Levin

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
We have another thread on historical fiction. I am going to merge this question with that thread. Lots of good suggestions on that thread and I am sure others will chime in.

L

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Levin said:
Hi,
I am searching a new epic and/or historical novel (not the classic that I have already read).

I prefer stories set during the war time (ACW, WWI, WWII, Napoleonic period...) but these parameters are not binding.

Someone can help me?

Levin
Hello and Welcome Aboard, Levin!

Congratulations on your first post! Woot-Woot!

I highly recommend this book, Gone For a Soldier, from one of our own resident authors, Jeffry Hepple, otherwise known as Jeff. It is 800 pages and they do go by quickly as it is a reviting story.

It's nice to meet you,

Sailor

Gone For a Soldier

1 - 20 of 37 Posts