Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I got my Hitchhiker's skin that I had SkinIt.com custom make - it is awesome. I did at first kind of wish it had the stickers for the buttons as well, but I got used to it and actually kind of like the contrast. If I really want some buttons, I can just order a DecalGirl and get them that way.

Anywhoo - I promised y'all I would put pictures up - so here they are - the skin turned out to be a bit more purple than I had anticipated so it was able to match much more nicely with the ROH Oberon.

So far, I've gotten tons of compliments on it. It looks great!

Enjoy!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Looks great!  I didn't realize you could order custom skins.....I just need to stay away from looking in to that, lol.  I have already spent plenty due to the accessory board.

·
Registered
194 Posts
very cute skin. "farewell and thanks for all the fish..."  8)

i'm going to have a custom skin made but i'm not decided on what yet.

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Wow, very nice. BTW, Skinit is one of the companies that KindleBoards has an affiliate program with. I haven't used their products, so I've been cautious about promoting them much. But I really like the work they did on your custom skin.

Here's our affiliate link to Skinit:

Skinit Skins

·
Registered
599 Posts
Awesome skin!

kindle zen said:
"farewell and thanks for all the fish..." 8)
so long ;)

·
Registered
52 Posts
my husband totally loved that!  He's a huge Hitchhicker's fan!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Harvey said:
Wow, very nice. BTW, Skinit is one of the companies that KindleBoards has an affiliate program with. I haven't used their products, so I've been cautious about promoting them much. But I really like the work they did on your custom skin.

Skinit Skins
oh man - Sorry Harvey, I wish I'd known that before I'd ordered. I am happy with it - good quality.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the compliments everyone! I just wanted to share with y'all!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Harvey said:

Skinit Skins
one of my laptops is adorned with a gigantic Green Lantern Symbol, curtesy of SkinIT... great work...

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
It turned out great!

It appears it's a bit bigger than the DecalGirl skins and goes out further to the edge..my only complaint about the DG skins..I actually stretch out my skins to get them to cover a bit more. (If I stretch too much, I just grab the hair dryer and it fixes it in an instant).

I also like how it goes around the speakers. I think the lack of buttons though would drive me crazy though. But that's just me and I'm OCD like that.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
luvmy4brats said:
It turned out great!

It appears it's a bit bigger than the DecalGirl skins and goes out further to the edge..my only complaint about the DG skins..I actually stretch out my skins to get them to cover a bit more. (If I stretch too much, I just grab the hair dryer and it fixes it in an instant).

I also like how it goes around the speakers. I think the lack of buttons though would drive me crazy though. But that's just me and I'm OCD like that.
Thank you! and thank you for the feedback before I ordered it. I've gotten used to the no button skin and actually like the contrast. The skin feels very well made.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm about 4 months late, but is there any way I could get your source images?  This is perfect and I'd like to make one of my own.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Harvey said:

Skinit Skins
Thanks for the affiliate reminder Harvey.

Wilsondm2 Your custom skin looks amazing, so fun!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts