Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
LOL - yup - that is how I think of my Kindle!  With an ability to always reach Wikipedia and google - you truly have your own HHG. I would love a sticker with the HHG symbol and "Don't Panic"

:D

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
That is COOL!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
wilsondm2 said:
LOL - yup - that is how I think of my Kindle! With an ability to always reach Wikipedia and google - you truly have your own HHG. I would love a sticker with the HHG symbol and "Don't Panic"

:D
We're starting a grass roots movement on the Accessories board to have Oberon make a "Don't Panic" cover with the planet logo similar to Bacardi Jim's. We think if we can't be persuasive in our arguments, maybe they'll make one just to get the scruffy hitchhikers out of their lobby.

·
Registered
392 Posts
(grabs his towel and heads off to the accessories board...)

G

·
robin.goodfellow said:
We're starting a grass roots movement on the Accessories board to have Oberon make a "Don't Panic" cover with the planet logo similar to Bacardi Jim's. We think if we can't be persuasive in our arguments, maybe they'll make one just to get the scruffy hitchhikers out of their lobby.
The logo is copyrighted.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
But they are a company with attorneys who can file papers to use a copyrighted logo.  Also, they are creative and can perhaps come up with something.  I hope so, b/c I really don't want to learn how to tool leather.

G

·
robin.goodfellow said:
But they are a company with attorneys who can file papers to use a copyrighted logo. Also, they are creative and can perhaps come up with something. I hope so, b/c I really don't want to learn how to tool leather.
It's altogether possible that Del Rey would license the image to Oberon. Judy DelRey is known to be an extraordinarily nice woman. Given that the Kindle is the closest thing there is to the H2G2, it's a definite possibility.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Bacardi Jim said:
It's altogether possible that Del Rey would license the image to Oberon. Judy DelRey is known to be an extraordinarily nice woman. Given that the Kindle is the closest thing there is to the H2G2, it's a definite possibility.
See? There's hope. In any case, the two corporate entities can talk to each other and maybe come out with a peacable solution, assuming Oberon is interested in doing that at all.

BTW, I sent them your logo as an example. I told them we'd all pay extra if they could make it flash "Don't Panic". ;D

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Hmmmm.  Not a bad idea.

G

·
robin.goodfellow said:
See? There's hope. In any case, the two corporate entities can talk to each other and maybe come out with a peacable solution, assuming Oberon is interested in doing that at all.

BTW, I sent them your logo as an example. I told them we'd all pay extra if they could make it flash "Don't Panic". ;D
I didn't realize that Del Rey is now a RH imprint. This means Judy doesn't have any say in the matter directly. This lowers the odds. However, the FAQ to which I linked comes directly from the Del Rey site, so they must get a fair number of requests to use cover art.

*shrug*

The worst that can happen is the RH says "no."

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Very true.  They're not allowed to make anyone listen to Vogon poetry for just asking.  I'm pretty sure.  I hope.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
How about a Hitchhiker DecalGirl Skin? another company to work with...

Betsy
I can't remember the name of it, but there's a company that does custom skins based on customer submitted designs. I'm sure somebody here knows the name.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
See?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.