Kindle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well that is about it for my spanish...but I am trying!

Hi I am baltobabe and my kindle is Leopardo!

I have been lurking for a few days and thought it would be nice to stop in and introduce ourselves. 

We like it here! You all are so very nice and helpful....we are having a few little learning bumps...I did buy the "Amazon Kindle FAQ Book"  in fact that was my first purchase!  THANKS for writing it and posting over on Amazon...it is how we found our way here.

Leopardo has some cousins...hehehe...my Ipod, and both of my laptops and my luggage are all Leopard along with many other accessories...I am sort of a "Leopard Lady"...LOL!

After I ordered my kindle I went over to Decal Girl (www.decalgirl.com) and saw they had many covers but no "Leopardo"...I wrote to them and the next day...they had added Leopard!  Gotta love when they listen!  LOL!

Leopardo will be taking his first trip in January to the Dominican Republic...He and his other cousins....

We like to go to either the DR or Mexico a few times a year and now that Mr. Leopardo Kindle is in the mix I think that I will be getting back to reading...YEAH!!!! 

Right now I have  started reading the FREE Reincarnationist by M J Rose...so far so good!  And I have Talking With the Dead another freebie by Shiloh Walker loaded up and a sample of the Hunter by JamesMartin....

Thanks again for this great community! 

Its nice to meet you all!

bb and Leopardo

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Welcome, Balto! Glad to have you here. And glad you made your way over from Amazon. That's a helpful place but unfortunately, no search function. It's a little easier to find info here, I think.

I never paid much attention to those skins but now a few people have recommended them. I may look into getting one. Gotta love accessorizing!

L

·
Registered
146 Posts
Buenas Dias! I was going to try to write something fancy and long in Spanish, but the moment I started to type, my six years of Spanish fled my mind. So... Willkomen! That's about it.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Bienvenido a Uds. dos!

And there's lots more Spanish where that came from! Don't get me started!

I have not yet come up with a name for my Kindle. I keep thinking something will just come to me, in a dream or somewhere when I'm least expecting it. But so far, nothing.

My husband and I, too, plan to go to Mexico again some time soon. We went to Punta Cana in March. I'd love to go back there again, too, but gotta plan just one vacation at a time! I love to go anywhere where they speak Spanish, even though I generally manage to say something stupid. Like, in Buenos Aires, I tripped and fell walking into a restaurant, and told the waiter I was embarassed -- but I used "embarazada" which means pregnant, and then I couldn't figure out why the waiters all came over and made me sit down and gave me a cold cloth for my head.

In the DR I told the bartender that the resort was full of "gringos" and he almost fell over laughing. Turns out "gringo" is a slang term for barbequed chicken (thank god it wasn't slang for something much worse!)

Anyway, welcome welcome! This is a cool group. You will enjoy it here.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Baltogirl!

I am curious about your name.  Is Balto by any chance short for Baltimore?  I ask because that is where I am and I have yet to find anyone with a Kindle from here.  I am awaiting mine.  Just ordered it yesterday and it's not expected before Thanksgiving. 

Susan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.