Kindle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.kboards.blogspot.com.au/2013/01/bigger-elephants-author-profile-on.html

If you want to see what I look like!

Does it happen to you that you books stuff and then completely forget about it? I probably made a note of this somewhere, but you see, I'm kinda pre-occupied with the impending arrival of Armageddon here tomorrow.

I shall be:
watering the garden
cleaning up loose rubbish
shutting all the windows
packing a bag for emergencies, including all the computers
making sure all my fiction is backed up on Dropbox tonight

What was this thing called checking sales? I'm just hoping to hell that no clowns get it into their mind to set fire to the national park. Somehow, one always does. You know, if you're a firebug and it's absolutely-freaking-stinking hot and windy, this National Park is soooo much FUN to set fire to. It reaches into all the surrounding suburbs like fingers on a spread-out hand. There is no way fire crews can keep up.

So yeah, enjoy my post while I prepare for Armageddon!

·
Registered
13,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, my sales on Amazon have been dead as a doornail for months. Since the first of January, I've sold 42 times more books on Kobo than on Amazon.

42 times!

It would be nice if the blog helped revive things a bit, but I suspect it's one of those cyclic things.

·
Super Moderator
10,088 Posts

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
I'm very interested to see what this does for your sales and hits on your own webpage (i'm up saturday, i believe). I wish amazon tracked sample views lke smashwords, so we could get an idea how many people get past our blurbs.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
How did this go for you? Did you see a noticeable increase in sales? Visits to your webpage? Anyone comment or email you?

·
Registered
13,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nope.

Nothing.

Then again, my Amazon sales have been dead for months.

Now I've f***ed up my account. I can't even log in anymore, can't access Author Central or my books. The support staff does not really READ emails where you explain carefully what's been going on. They just give you a cookie-cutter response.

Monumentally pissed off.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts