KBoards.com banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
I just got a copy... one of the many thousand sales you will get today :) 

If it can stem my ASoIaF cravings, then I'll probably be buying the others too...

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Congratulations.  :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Are these deals US only? Was quite thrilled when I saw it on twitter, but it seems I can't get it for the discount.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SJ Woods said:
Well done!!
I'd love to see what happens with your sales from this (if you want to share that is)
I certainly will. Assuming I can get the data from my publisher. I can tell you this. I was also the KDD on December 23, 2012 and I got as high as #17 in the rankings the one day's sales was about 4,200 books. Now that was at Xmas and I'm expecting lower this time but we shall see.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
wOOt!

I was told by the KDP rep last night I can use ALL the funny lingo I want and if I get corrected by the Robots again, to email her.

So...SQUEE!

and

NYUK! NYUK! YNUK!

(All three words are constantly flagged in my manuscript)

·
Registered
161 Posts
Congrats Michael, that's fantastic  8).  Your cover designer has mad skillz.

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
That's awesome!

How does this happen?  Do you apply and then they pick whoever they want?  Or do they just assign it according to their mysterious whims?  And how do you find out you were The Chosen One?

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
ElHawk said:
That's awesome!

How does this happen? Do you apply and then they pick whoever they want? Or do they just assign it according to their mysterious whims? And how do you find out you were The Chosen One?
Generally, you either need a publisher or the initials "HH."

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Congratulations! That is wonderful.

El, they pick you.  From what I've heard you need at least 50 reviews for one thing, but not sure if that is true. If so, you've made that hurdle. Who knows what else?

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Mike A. Wants said:
Are these deals US only? Was quite thrilled when I saw it on twitter, but it seems I can't get it for the discount.
The Kindle Daily Deals are always US (unfortunately). Barnes and Noble is matching the price so Nook people can get it as well. My suspicion is that it will be US only as well though.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts