Kindle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fitness Equipmentbought on fancies end up as junk pieces waiting to be thrown away. Make your choice of fitness equipment based on your needs. Those who are fitness freaks understand the necessity to work out all days in a week so that they can maintain the rhythm and avoid inertia from setting in. However, the fact is that there at least a couple of days in a week where we are not able to make time to go to the gym and use the various fitness machines that have been provided. Getting a couple of fitness machines and then using them on days when you cannot leave home to go to the gym is a great idea.

Before you buy any of the fitness machines that you have seen on display the first thing that you just have to consider is whether you are committed enough. So unless you are completely dedicated to the fitness cause and are sure that you will be using the fitness machines that you purchase, do not just go ahead and spend on fitness machines. You should only buy the fitness machines that you really want. It might be judicious to think about the fitness machines that you want before venturing your research options. You can always cut down some fitness machines from the list based on a value price equation. Make sure that among the fitness machines that you finally choose, you must have a cardio fitness machine and another fitness machine that is related to weight training.

·
Registered
21,587 Posts
And I would point out that you will spend several thousand dollars to get good equipment and even then you will not have a wide variety.
For $10 per month you can go to the nearest Planet Fitness and use their equipment.
That they maintain and replace.

just sayin......

·
Registered
7,194 Posts
The home fitness equipment I use most often is a shovel, wheelbarrow, and cement blocks (~25 pounds each). These improve both my home's fitness and my own.  ;D

More on topic, a good yoga mat, a yoga block, a strap, and some classes or instructional DVDs are a good idea.

·
Registered
904 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
I exercise at home and have a fair amount of fitness equipment--weights, a step board, exercise bands. But in terms of big purchases, I think a treadmill is a good investment for those who are committed to using it. I use mine a lot--not so much for running but just for walking while I'm doing other things like reading or even working on my laptop (I have a plastic treadmill shelf that holds the laptop in place allowing me to walk at a slow pace). It's a great way to get off my bottom since I work at the computer all day.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I use a Nordictrack - not the recent ones, but the original ones made in the U.S., sold in the '90s.  There's a guy on eBay that buys them and refurbishes them and sells them.  I like them because there's not a lot of moving parts, no complicated mechanisms to break.

·
Registered
9,650 Posts
You could do what I do and live in an apartment building that has a decently equipped gym. Then don't use it. And you have the satisfaction of knowing that not only did you save money by not shelling out thousands for unused gym equipment, you know that you even saved the lousy ten dollar per month fee.

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
The Hooded Claw said:
You could do what I do and live in an apartment building . . . .
I thought you were going to say you use stairs instead of elevator. What floor do you live on? I take the stairs instead of elevator in my condo building. But I'm only on second floor out of five. At times I have used the five flights of stairs for exercise. Some residents walk or run in the long hallways. We do have a small exercise room with a number of larger pieces of equipment that unit owners have contributed -- bought but not used = clothes dryers / hangers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts