Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday, for my Kindle, I bought a Levenger bag, another Etsy pouch and a case of Orville Redenbacher Salt and Pepper popcorn (notice how I say "for my Kindle" to give legitimacy to my purchases....although the popcorn might be a stretch).  When I'm home sick, I always internet shop.  It's like I think I deserve a treat or something because I don't feel well.

But today, I vow that nothing posted in the accessory section is going to tempt me to make a purchase!  :D

·
Registered
294 Posts
Cammie said:
So yesterday, for my Kindle, I bought a Levenger bag, another Etsy pouch and a case of Orville Redenbacher Salt and Pepper popcorn (notice how I say "for my Kindle" to give legitimacy to my purchases....although the popcorn might be a stretch). When I'm home sick, I always internet shop. It's like I think I deserve a treat or something because I don't feel well.

But today, I vow that nothing posted in the accessory section is going to tempt me to make a purchase! :D
I LOVE the salt & pepper popcorn!! Can I have some??? Pweeeeeaaaaasssseeee???

I went shopping yesterday for stuff for my K1. It needed something to wear. (book light and a nice padded mini laptop case to carry it in)

I think I need to buy some popcorn for it too. Or at least some M&m's

My dad's K2 just arrived (and he's not home yet...I want to open the box up now and look at it in awe!!)

Maybe I'll just make some popcorn for while I wait. (no salt & pepper flavor here...darnit!)

I'll have to remember to wash my hands before I touch the K2 once my dad gets home. I dont want any oil/grease from the popcorn to smudge his new K2.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats on the K2 Erin....I mean Erin's dad!  Kindles need M&Ms as much as they need popcorn (I'll share btw  :D ).  Jasper, sorry you are sick too...dreadful flu going around here in SoCal.  I have been watching comfort movies (Princess Bride and the original Willie Wonka) and reading comfort books (Narnia) all day.  So, far I have not purchased a single thing on the internet. I'm being good.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Cammie said:
So yesterday, for my Kindle, I bought a Levenger bag, another Etsy pouch and a case of Orville Redenbacher Salt and Pepper popcorn (notice how I say "for my Kindle" to give legitimacy to my purchases....although the popcorn might be a stretch). When I'm home sick, I always internet shop. It's like I think I deserve a treat or something because I don't feel well.

But today, I vow that nothing posted in the accessory section is going to tempt me to make a purchase! :D
not to tempt you or anything but have you SEEN the new m-edge covers with the hook system like Amazons for the K2
;D lalalalala walking away slowly looking oh so innocent ;)

edited to add hope you don't have the stomach bug I had -- not nice at all - I bought the above mentioned cover to make me feel better ....

·
Registered
294 Posts
Cammie said:
Congrats on the K2 Erin....I mean Erin's dad! Kindles need M&Ms as much as they need popcorn (I'll share btw :D ). Jasper, sorry you are sick too...dreadful flu going around here in SoCal. I have been watching comfort movies (Princess Bride and the original Willie Wonka) and reading comfort books (Narnia) all day. So, far I have not purchased a single thing on the internet. I'm being good.
My dad just got home, and I finally got to actually see the K2. It seems heavier than my K1. Not sure if that's the K2 case, or the K2 itself. I have a Strangedog cover on my K1, and my K1 with it's Strangedog seems more comfy to hold.

I LOVE the text to speech! It's not quite as good a reader as my TextAloud program that I bought for my computer (K2 is not quite as natural sounding) but it's acceptable. (and the writer's guild needs to chill...it's nowhere near as good as an audio book!)

For some reason there was a Tarzan novel on his Kindle once we got it registered. Not sure where that came from, but I'm guessing when I got my K1 for Xmas, my first book was that particular Tarzan novel. I wonder if I hadnt had it registered to my account before I ordered the book. (my K1 came pre-registered to my dad's Amazon account for some reason) I thought I'd registered my K1 before I did any ordering, but maybe it was afterwards?

Oh well, that book is one of my dad's favorite Tarzan novels (dad's the one who got me hooked on Edgar Rice Burroughs when I was 8) So, I dont think he's going to complain about having a Tarzan novel on his K2.

I dont like the keyboard as much as the one on the K1, but if my dad would get me the K2 for my birthday (my K1 will become a hand-me-down to someone) I could ignore the strangeness of the keyboard, because I want the text-to-speech.

If my dad isnt careful, he's going to find a K1 in the spot where he's keeping his K2. It could be Kindlenapped!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts