Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I emailed Amazon Customer Service to complain about the formatting of one of the books I bought in Dec., but did not start reading until this week.  The formatting is terrible, every single page has run on words.  I just wanted to let them know that there was a problem.  This morning there was an email waiting for me. They had refunded my $9.99 and the book is still on my Kindle.  By the way, the book is Comfort Food by Kate Jacobs, author of The Friday Night Knitting Club. Comfort Food is now selling for $14.97 on Amazon.  Why the increase?  :-[

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
beachgrl said:
Why the increase? :-[
I'm not sure there's an answer to that question, or why any of the books go up and down in price.

·
Registered
339 Posts
beachgrl said:
Last night I emailed Amazon Customer Service to complain about the formatting of one of the books I bought in Dec., but did not start reading until this week. The formatting is terrible, every single page has run on words. I just wanted to let them know that there was a problem. This morning there was an email waiting for me. They had refunded my $9.99 and the book is still on my Kindle. By the way, the book is Comfort Food by Kate Jacobs, author of The Friday Night Knitting Club. Comfort Food is now selling for $14.97 on Amazon. Why the increase? :-[
They may have reformatted the book and are now charging more due to the reformat? Maybe they charge extra for run on words? Maybe they are starting a new trend with run on words, due to the new trend demand is high for items with run on words and since demand drives pricing...voila, higher price.

And I am starting a new trend with run on thoughts!! ;D

·
Registered
335 Posts
I'm glad to hear that you received good customer service, but frankly I'm not surprised.  Amazon has always treated me well.

I had heard that e-book pricing is based on the MSRP of the various DTB versions.  The hardback version kindle will cost more than the paperback version kindle, even though they're both kindle versions.

Doesn't make sense I know...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts