Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used kindle on craigslist.  They sent it to me and it has horizontal lines on the screen and they don't go away.  I have done a hard reset and soft resets.  The kindle seems to operate fine otherwise.  Just can't see anything on the screen.  I also can't register it because it says it's already registered.  The person who sold it won't respond.  Any suggestions on fixing it?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Mine recently developed lines on the screen, but, mine was under warrenty.  When I contacted Amazon CS, we tried several things to get rid of them, but nothing worked.  They ended up replacing it.  I don't know if you have any recourse, but I would definately explore all your options.  Sorry for your problems.  Hope everything works out okay.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Call Amazon and see if it is still under warranty.  I think it is about the only thing you can do unless you paid with paypal.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
I hope the seller contacts you in reply. I would find out if the lines are still covered under the original warranty through amazon so that all the seller would have to do is de-register it and then you can have amazon fix the other problem under warranty.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Not any longer, koolmnbv! ;D

Sailor

1 - 7 of 7 Posts