Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I'm new here and I'm looking forward to making a lot of Kindle friends.
I live in Matthews, North Carolina. I've been a writer for more than 20 years with many short stories and essays published in magazines. I've now branched out into writing books. I'm the author of Talented Horsewoman, a mystery featuring a well-meaning, but somewhat inept woman sleuth. Leigh McRae, the main character, is very involved with raising and showing horses--when she isn't nosing around trying to solve a murder. The setting for the book is subtropical Southwest Florida, land of heat, humidity, and gators. This book is not out on Kindle--yet.
Night Camp is a childrens' vampire mystery written for older middle grade readers, say ages ten and up.
I'm happy to report that Night Camp came out on Kindle last week.

From the back cover:

A spooky graveyard. A creepy basement. A pair of coffins.
Thirteen-year-old Shane Andrews hates summer camp. When his parents allow him to choose, Shane decides to pick the worst camp he can find. Night Camp must be terrible. For one thing, activities take place at night and campers sleep during the day. That can’t be good, Shane reasons. His parents will realize Night Camp is even worse than they thought and they’ll come back to get him. Then Shane’s plans for summer freedom fall apart. His cousin Brad, a boy with a huge collection of tabloid magazines, convinces Shane that two of the camp counselors are vampires. Shane enlists the help of Brad and a girl camper named Nicole. The three set out to save themselves and the other campers. Then Shane uncovers the secret of Night Camp…

Linda

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome, LC! Glad to have you with us.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi Linda - betcha that there are a few of us "older" kids gonna read your book!  Be sure and let us know when the other gets kindelized, I love inept mystery solver heroines.  So nice to have you here.

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you Kindlers for the friendly welcome. I would love to have my other two books out on Kindle, but right now my publishers are keeping electronic rights. Sigh. I am trying to change that. Meanwhile, I am keeping busy writing more books and wrangling my 4 chihuahuas.
Linda

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Hello Linda and welcome to KB! Your book sounds like something I would enjoy!! :D  I am on my way to check it out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts