Kindle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I walked into the waiting room of the hospital, Kindle in hand. Eager to read, guilt free, and pass the time. Did I get to do that???
NO! Not one word. I spent the entire time answering people's questions on what it was that I had, how it worked, etc.  LOLOLOL

While I'm glad to spread the word on this amazing device, I was really wanting to R E A D!

·
Registered
300 Posts
I have been in hospital waiting rooms many times and understand that the only thing you got done was to answer questions. I have always crocheted in situations like this. (prior to Kindle)  People will ask me all the time what are you making, is it hard to crochet, how long have you crochet ect. ect.
It is cool to show people our Kindles, who knows one of them might be a kindle owner to be.

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
Kinda "whew".  I thought you were going to say that hospital personnel said Kindles were a "no no" -- something about the electronics.  'Course that would only be the Whispernet maybe.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
...not that this board hasn't taken some reading time away, too!  LOLOLOL, but fun  ;)

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I say whew also.  I thought the same thing as Sandpiper when I read the title.  Being able to take my Kindle to the hospital is one of the biggest reasons I bought one.  My sister is in the hospital often (spina bifida), dad has heart problems, grandparents are in their 90s, so definitely a hospital is a place I want to be able to take a Kindle.  
Thanks for the heads up on all the interest though.  I'll try to find a quiet corner.  

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
did a quick edit in my title line to fix that confusion  ;D

C

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
thank you

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
People in hospital waiting rooms are usually worried, nervous, stressed, etc.  Talking about something completely NOT related to sickness is a good thing!

I went to the eye doctor today. . .had to get dilated.  Started on 1 but was up to 3 by the time they called me back again.  But I could still read!  Woo Hoo.  The doctor said I was the 3rd or 4th patient he'd seen with one. . he thought it was pretty cool.

Ann
(seeing at 20/15 after LASIK 9+ years ago. . . .doc said maybe they'd do a story on me for their newsletter when I reached 10 years even. . . . we'll see. . . . .)

I

·
0 Posts
OK, here is a way to Kindle in public.

1) Grab a big magazine off the table,

2) Open it up

3) Kover your Kindle with the Magazine

4) read

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #11