Kindle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are experiencing quite the heatwave here in Minnesota.
Was hot and muggy already early this morning.90's for us through the end of this coming weekend they say.
Thank goodnesss for air conditioning.
How are things where you are?
Anyone else getting all this hot weather??

·
Registered
530 Posts
It is hot ans muggy here in south central WI. It was beautiful on Saturday and then the muggy hit us again. It is clocking at 93 right now plus the humitidy makes it feel like "ick" to me.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
It should be 105 by Wednesday but it's only been in 90s here which isn't hot for us. I was bummed when it cooled off with overnights in the 70s over the weekend and the pool went down to 70 degrees. It's been a cool spring that is for sure.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Triple digits here for the last 10 days with no end in sight.  :eek:

Last June we set a record for heat (lots of 100's) and I have a feeling we are going to beat that 'record' this year. Ugh.  

Texas is definitely hot in the summer, but usually triple digits wait for late July/August.

·
Premium Member
6,848 Posts
I grew up in Michigan and thought Midwestern heat was bad - what with the moisture and all that ... but I live in Dallas now and our past few summer have blown right off the Gulf so we feel as god-awful as Houston where it's 100+ and 90% humidity. 

I'll just stay inside, thank you very much.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Too, too hot here in KS, 90s-100s.  Usually I can't wait for our annual summer trip to MN.  Hopefully up north by the lake it will be perfect  by the end of July.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Yes, right now in Joliet it's 89 degrees with a dew point of 77 and a "feels like temp" of 101.  Looks like this the entire week, with some rain thrown in to keep it steamy...
jp

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
95  with high predicted as 92.  Just ran a couple of quick errands and will not venture outside anymore today.

·
Registered
378 Posts
They're predicting 102 for today here in Tucson, AZ.  I think it was about the same yesterday.  So not too bad here yet.  Its great for swimming.  I'm dreading the monsoon though.  I hate that its hot and sunny one minute, pours down rain the next (which only lasts half an hour max) and then is hot, sunny and humid for the rest of the day and all through the next until it rains again.  And I'm not all that fond of the thunder and lightening either.

Oh well small price to pay for living somewhere where we don't have hurricanes, tornados and such.

·
Registered
904 Posts
rla1996 said:
They're predicting 102 for today here in Tucson, AZ. I think it was about the same yesterday. So not too bad here yet. Its great for swimming. I'm dreading the monsoon though. I hate that its hot and sunny one minute, pours down rain the next (which only lasts half an hour max) and then is hot, sunny and humid for the rest of the day and all through the next until it rains again. And I'm not all that fond of the thunder and lightening either.

Oh well small price to pay for living somewhere where we don't have hurricanes, tornados and such.
I wouldn't call it a SMALL price, but it is a price. ;D
jp

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
It is very hot here. Texas. Most all days over 90, and some days 100. It is not muggy it is more of a dry heat. But still VERY hot.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Currently a comfortable 56 degrees, will get down to 35 tonight.  ;D

Supposed to warm up a bit later on this week.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
94 in St Louis with a feels like of 106 -- just now starting to spawn up some heat thunderstorms -- oh goody let's add to the humidity!!

·
Registered
856 Posts
Currently 93 here in Central Florida.. i may be in search of a hotle for tonight anf tomorrow. The a/c is broken and wont be repaired until Wednesday. Good thing i have Ladybug with me at all times, she is enjoying the nice a/c here at work.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Pacific North West, it was really hot a week ago but the last 5-6 days have been quite cool, need a thin jacket or sweat shirt to go out.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
The heat isnt any better in Illinois, wish it was thought. It rained the other day for 20 mintues with 70mph wnds and then the heat came from no where

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
yip, its been cooler now in the Pacific Northwest, my tomatoes have stopped ripening and I'm wearing a sweater in the house again :(  can someone send the heat over our way please!!!! Though I wont complain too much since that means its cooler at night too so I sleep better - no ac at my house.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts