Kindle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Oberon cover - I am leaning towards getting the journal cover for my Kindle since I already have the amazon cover and there are so many more choices in the journal. I know I am getting it in wine but the actual design, I am debating between 4 designs (below). Is there any advantage to having the Oberon Kindle cover versus the Journal that I can slide the amazon cover into? This leads me to the next two questions....

2. Will the journal cover fit into the Borsa Bella travel bag? I don't carry a purse and the travel bag looks perfect to carry what I normally shove in my pocket...wallet and phone.

3. I would like my DecalGirl skin to kinda match my cover but there doesn't seem to be any that come close. I know you can get custom skins and that would probably be an option so I need opinions on what exisiting skin would look good when paired with my choices for an Oberon cover....any cover would be in Wine

A. Celtic Diamond
B. Celtic Braid
C. Bold Celtic
D. Double Celtic

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
921 Posts
ravenclawprefect said:
1. Oberon cover - I am leaning towards getting the journal cover for my Kindle since I already have the amazon cover and there are so many more choices in the journal. I know I am getting it in wine but the actual design, I am debating between 4 designs (below). Is there any advantage to having the Oberon Kindle cover versus the Journal that I can slide the amazon cover into? This leads me to the next two questions....

2. Will the journal cover fit into the Borsa Bella travel bag? I don't carry a purse and the travel bag looks perfect to carry what I normally shove in my pocket...wallet and phone.

3. I would like my DecalGirl skin to kinda match my cover but there doesn't seem to be any that come close. I know you can get custom skins and that would probably be an option so I need opinions on what exisiting skin would look good when paired with my choices for an Oberon cover....any cover would be in Wine

A. Celtic Diamond
B. Celtic Braid
C. Bold Celtic
D. Double Celtic

Thanks in advance![color]

I have the celtic diamond in purple. It's a small journal, not what I'm using for my Kindle. It's a great design, lots of detail. I'll try to edit this later when I take a picture of it.

EDIT NOTE: HERE IS A PICTURE OF IT:

·
Registered
216 Posts
I will be receiving my large journal cover this week. I got a shipping notice yesterday.
If someone else doesn't post how it fits in the BB travel bag before mine arrives, I'll check it out for you. I have a travel bag already.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hey Raven,
I just received my large hummingbird journal today. I put my mom's Kindle in the journal along with the Amazon cover I have and I'm happy to report, it fit nicely in the travel bag. It's a snug fit because it's taller than the Kindle covers, but I think you will be able to fit a cell phone, small wallet and keys in the front pocket along with the Kindle.
HTH

I can take some comparison pics later today if you'd like. I have to go pick up my son from school now.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
ravenclawprefect said:
The significant difference between the Oberon Kindle cover & the journal/Amazon cover combo is the weight. Using the Amazon cover + the journal cover, the weight is close to double the weight of the Oberon alone (which is around 2.5-3.5 ounces heavier than the Amazon cover alone). Aside from that, the Oberon journals use a leather thong wraparound closure to secure the cover when closed, while their Kindle cover uses a much flatter pewter button & a bungee type closure. The flatter button allows the cover to wrap back more completely for one handed reading.

Those are the only significant differences. We've had quite a few people go the journal + cover route who've been very happy!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay, I already know my cover will be in wine...what do you think of this as the decal, keeping in mind my cover will be a Celtic one (No celtic designs in decalgirl...darn it!)

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
ravenclawprefect said:
Okay, I already know my cover will be in wine...what do you think of this as the decal, keeping in mind my cover will be a Celtic one (No celtic designs in decalgirl...darn it!)

I had that skin for my K1. It's very pretty, but it was distracting (too busy for me) I only used it for about a week.

The Velvet Jewel skin is very pretty and the main color is wine. Of the 4 Oberon's you listed, my favorite is the Celtic Diamond. I'm hoping they offer it as a Kindle cover in Black.

·
Registered
126 Posts
luvmy4brats said:
I had that skin for my K1. It's very pretty, but it was distracting (too busy for me) I only used it for about a week.
I must agree just looking at it that the design is cool and very nice. But its also too distracting for me (imagining it on my Kindle) when reading my Kindle.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
It's easy to get caught up in finding a skin that "goes with" the cover.  What we forget is that aside from on here where we "stage" our Kindles on top of the cover for pictures, we rarely look at them at the same time (that assumes reading with the Kindle in the cover).  Pick a cover that you like the best, pick the skin you like the best.  Then look at them together.  Unless there's some serious clashing going on, you'll probably be happy with it.  I'm looking for my third skin because I kept trying to keep a "theme" going (colorwise or Tree-of-Life wise), and this time, I'm just going to find one that I love.  Still looking, by the way....

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Meemo said:
It's easy to get caught up in finding a skin that "goes with" the cover. What we forget is that aside from on here where we "stage" our Kindles on top of the cover for pictures, we rarely look at them at the same time (that assumes reading with the Kindle in the cover). Pick a cover that you like the best, pick the skin you like the best. Then look at them together. Unless there's some serious clashing going on, you'll probably be happy with it. I'm looking for my third skin because I kept trying to keep a "theme" going (colorwise or Tree-of-Life wise), and this time, I'm just going to find one that I love. Still looking, by the way....
I understand. The Quest skin on my KK goes very well with the Stylz and Strangedog covers I own, but you couldn't say it does with the red Sky Dragon Oberon. But with th Oberon opened up and folded back for reading, there is just a small piece of red showing. And in any of the covers, It reads just fine.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Meemo said:
It's easy to get caught up in finding a skin that "goes with" the cover. What we forget is that aside from on here where we "stage" our Kindles on top of the cover for pictures, we rarely look at them at the same time (that assumes reading with the Kindle in the cover). Pick a cover that you like the best, pick the skin you like the best. Then look at them together. Unless there's some serious clashing going on, you'll probably be happy with it. I'm looking for my third skin because I kept trying to keep a "theme" going (colorwise or Tree-of-Life wise), and this time, I'm just going to find one that I love. Still looking, by the way....
Amen to that! I think too much emphasis is put on making the bag match the cover match the skin match the iPhone match the laptop.....you get the idea! ;) If that's what makes you happy, great, but don't do it just because you think you HAVE to. Meemo hit it dead on--most of the time, you're not going to see both skin & cover together.

And it's heresy, I know, because we all love covers & bags--but I've finally come to the conclusion that the skin is probably the most important of the bag/cover/skin combo from a decorating perspective. If you spend any significant time at all reading, it's the one piece you're going to see the most. You need to really like it & be happy looking at it. And for those of us who are easily distracted by colors or patterns, it needs to be subtle enough not to detract from the reading experience.

I liked my first skin (DG's Monet's Garden at Giverny) and it went with a lot of other colors. But I LOVE my current skin, DG's Monet's Waterlilies, which is probably more limited in what it coordinates with. What I've found though is that since I put that skin on, I've had no real desire to change it--in fact, no desire to even look at new ones. So find a skin you love & and a cover you love, and then don't worry about whether or not they coordinate perfectly!

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I too have Monet's Waterlillies.  It was my first choice and the only one I've had.  I love it. 
deb

1 - 14 of 14 Posts