Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who have ordered a brand new Kindle recently, how accurate would you say the 11-13 week anticipated delay is?  Are you getting any estimated ship dates that are earlier than that?

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
I don't think anybody is going to know that yet. It went from a 3-4 week to a 11-13 week delay overnight. They're still working on the ones from the 3-4 week delay (although I did get my mom's about 1 week earlier than quoted).

I did have something else that was estimated to ship sometime in January and I just got a shipping notice today

·
Registered
12,250 Posts
I had an initial date of 3-4 weeks which would have been december 16. I had ordered on the 20th. It just went that to mid February with no warning and no real reason. I kept holding off on the refurbs for a few days and then just went ahead and got one. Then I cancelled my original order. There was no guarantee that I would get it this year and now way of knowing if they would have reinstated my original ship date.

I think some are getting theirs earlier now because of those of us that got a refurb instead and cancelled the long wait orders.

They must have had a reason to go from 2-3 weeks to then 3-4 weeks and a day later they went to 11-13 weeks.

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Data point: My sister-in-law's Kindle arrived one week earlier than the projected arrival date. It was ordered on November 1st, and it arrived December 4th.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I had the 2 to 3 week wait when I got mine, and mine shipped 10 days after ordering.

I

·
0 Posts
I got mine about 2 weeks early.  It was due to arrive Dec1-4 but I got it Friday, 2 weeks  ago. 

They pad the dates some to cover their butts as much as possible.  Everyone likes get a Kindle 'early' .  No one likes getting them 'late".  Just like Scotty on Star Trek.

When can we be underway Mr. Scott?

Well sir, 3 days maybe.

You have 45 minutes.

Yes sir, 45 min it is Sir!

·
Registered
300 Posts
I rec'd my Kindle earlier than the est. delivery date. But I find that with all my orders from Amazon, they have always delivered fast.

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
I think they're giving the 11-13 week window because so many people were upset in the last backlog, when all we were told is that it was sold out and it would be shipped out when they came back in stock. There was no timeframe to the delivery date. I ordered Feb 21 and got my Kindle Mar 21. This way, people know it <can> be a couple of months and will be happy when if/when they get it early.

Just a thought

1 - 8 of 8 Posts