Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the 10-14 more days until my Bibi (short for Biblioteca) ships?!  ???  I've been bugging my husband since February to get me a Kindle, he finally caved on November 8th.  He had me order one for myself for Christmas, but there is NO WAY I'm waiting until Christmas to use her.  I told him I'm going to be taking delivery day off (I paid for 1 day shipping... Merry Christmas to me!) but would wait until he gets home before I'll open the box.  Now I'm thinking that if she shows up earlier in the day I'll have to make a trip to hubby's office so I can free her from her cardboard prison...

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Welcome Aboard Songbird,

Once the wait is over, and you recieve your Kindle, you will feel like you've had bibi forever.
Keep reading the boards and finding out how to use her and accessorize her <all the men 'sigh' here>
in the meantime...it will help to pass away the time to stay here talking with us.

A lot of us have been where you are now and have had to come aboard here without Kindles...
just waiting for that magic moment when you open the box and take bibi out and make her yours.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Linda and Sailor.  Since the 8th I've read almost every post in the Amazon Kindle forums, now I'm working my way through the KindleBoards!  As Vampyre said, when our Kindles finally arrive we will be very well informed newbies. 

The 10 months I pleaded for a Kindle went quickly compared to the 10 days since I ordered it.  I'm dreading the next 10-14 days...

BTW, how would I get the "I want a Kindle" or "Kindle Owner" sign in my signature?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Songbird-

I also ordered my Kindle on the eighth, and it is "shipping soon". Is yours there yet? This means mine will most likely be here Thursday or Friday! EEK!

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the help Linda!

Kimblee, mine hasn't changed.  :'(  Maybe tomorrow...  I keep haunting Amazon, checking the status 14 times a day.  I can't STAND it anymore!  LOL!  I finished a book at lunch today and was pouting because I'll have to start another dead-tree book.  My daughter just loaned me about 20 books, hoping to tide me over until Bibi gets here.  It should do the trick as long as she gets here by the 30th.  :D

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Welcome, Songbird, glad to have you here.

We are a good therapy group for the waiting experience. I waited a month back in April. It was excruciating.

L

·
Registered
268 Posts
I too finished a DTB today. I'm going to try to squeeze in one more before it arrives. Must. Do. Something. To. Keep. Mind. Occupied.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
SongbirdVB said:
the 10-14 more days until my Bibi (short for Biblioteca) ships?! ??? I've been bugging my husband since February to get me a Kindle, he finally caved on November 8th. He had me order one for myself for Christmas, but there is NO WAY I'm waiting until Christmas to use her. I told him I'm going to be taking delivery day off (I paid for 1 day shipping... Merry Christmas to me!) but would wait until he gets home before I'll open the box. Now I'm thinking that if she shows up earlier in the day I'll have to make a trip to hubby's office so I can free her from her cardboard prison...
Songbird, your Bibi will need a gift when she arrives! Head on over to the Accessories Board to learn what you might want! Go to the light, go to the light.... (although some think it's the dark side).

Betsy

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi Songbird and welcome!

I know how hard the waiting is! I am doing the day countdown until Christmas. That is when I get mine.
I ordered the cover and a light and it is here and waiting. I am so ready to read on my Kindle and have to
work at cleaning out the ones waiting in the bookcase.....heavy sigh!

·
Registered
205 Posts
I totally feel your pain, and I hopehopehope they ship earlier than expected.  Hey, ya never know, it could happen right? 

Plus I only think it's fair that you get to use the Kindle now and then your hubby can get you an Oberon cover for a Xmas gift.  It's like, protective - you want to protect your investment, right?  ;D  Plus, just think of all the money you'll save buying ebooks rather than DTBs!  And trees, don't forget the trees.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Hi and Welcome Songbird!  Bibi will be with you soon and the wait will have been very worth it!  :)

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Bets you are everywhere... TEMPTATION, luring us over to accessories. I am going to have to start moonlighting to support my Kindle habit which includes accessorizing.  ;D

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Linda Cannon-Mott said:
Bets you are everywhere... TEMPTATION, luring us over to accessories. I am going to have to start moonlighting to support my Kindle habit which includes accessorizing. ;D
It's my job. :D

Betsy

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Hello Songbird and welcome to our happy family!! You are going to love it here and we will do what we can to help you pass the time while waiting for Bibi to arrive! I think it is cool you already have a name. It took me a few days, but Kwinn is happy with the name choice and, thanks to LuckyRainbow for helping, I am too!!

I

·
0 Posts
As Vampyre said, when our Kindles finally arrive we will be very well informed newbies.
Yep, I said that.

I ordered mine on November 7 and it's still nothing. How come you ordered after me and you have a shipping soon?! I even sprung for over night shipping whhaaaaaaaaa! ???

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I've been looking at accessories but have been prohibited from purchasing any until after Christmas.  Hubby must be planning on getting me something extra so there will be a package to open on the Day, since I'll have been bonding with Bibi for at least a few weeks by then.

Vampy,  I don't have a "shipping soon" yet, Kimblee does.  I know, it's just not fair!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Vampyre and Songbird-

I feel really awful for you. I ordered the eighth, and it went to shipping soon early on the 18th (ten days) and shipped later on the 18th. With two day, it will arrive tomorrow, the 20th. It's completely not right that the people who ordered first don't always get their Kindle's first. I think it's really crappy customer service, even though it works out in my favor. Call Amazon and see what they say. It's just not right.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts