Kindle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I've got this cover and it's ready to add the final tweaks.

I am looking for POP! and POW! impact for my non-fiction book cover. The genre is the hybrid theme as in the title.
Are the tracking and kerning I've done up to scratch?

Anyway, what do you think? Let me know, please.

EDIT: Are the titles self explanatory? Does this cover and subject interest you - judging from this cover for the book?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Hi,

The layout is clean and should do for a non-fiction, but I found the text/messaging confusing. I could be a target audience for this book (because I like reading subjects like this), but I might gloss over because it's not clear what this book is about.

1. It says Book One - Book One of what? Is this book the first in some sort of a series? Am I getting only part of the content in this book?

2. The name - not sure what "remote viewed" means, is that a parlance? Is this book a primer on cryptocurrency or is it a comparison of different types (are those icons different cryptos?) or is it trying to come to a recommendation on which one will eventually win (e.g., Bitcoin is the best...)

If it's non-fic, you want the intent of the book to be very clear right away without the potential buyer wondering what this is, because all it takes is a second of doubt for someone to move on.

good luck

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your reply, jm2019.

The series is actually the title name. I wonder if I should place 'Book One' directly below the title and shift the tag line down further?

Remote viewing is a formalized method of applying ESP to find information. It's a very interesting and little known field that has grown straight out of military intelligence - Russia initially and then the USA. It was and probably still is an area of funded research. It's a learned discipline. A structured method intended to consistently and 'reliably' obtain significant information on a target by employing the unconscious mind. The protocol is really an algorithm enabling the unconscious mind to receive data. Like martial arts it requires a lot of practice over years to build the pattern, like muscle memory, to harness the unconscious mind.

Here's the last part of the blurb I include below the Remote Viewed series. "Remote Viewing uses an ESP ability found in all of us to view a distant or unseen object by means of a disciplined approach originally developed under the auspices of the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) and the Stanford Research Institute (SRI) in the 1970s."

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After a few final tweaks and shifting and adding text.

Any helpful suggestions are appreciated.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Call me impatient.

The genre is boring. You greatly dislike all the white background. But. What about suggestions?

Is the audience identifiable? What could I add to make the targeted audience clearer?

Are the titles attractive? Simple and unelaborated I know, but do they help the cover stand out in a sea of books about cryptocurrencies or books about remote viewing?

Thanks in advance.

286 Posts
How about a blue or black background with white letters?  Maybe a white banner on the bottom with all your symbols? I think placing them all about is distracting, but I'm not your target audience.  Best of luck with the book!

·
Registered
394 Posts
I think my point is who would know what "remote viewing" means (I read your explanation, it's clear you know a lot about it, but does your target audience?)

So, if the series is about predicting winners and losers in various fields/topics, then wouldn't it be simpler for the title to just say

"Cryptocurrency, who will win the race?"

The "Book One" is still really confusing. Now it makes it look like you're going to discuss this specific topic (Crypto) in more than one book, but I'm guessing what you're trying to say is that this is Book one of the whole remote viewing concept?

What about this:

Remote Viewed Series - predicting winners and losers (the future is redundant, you're predicting... implies future)

Cryptocurrency
who will win the race?
Drop the Book one, name the series as "Remote Viewed" in Amazon and use it in every headline tag of your books.

This would make it clearer about what the series is and what I'm getting with book one.

Now, having said that, if your target audience is super niche and know what "remote viewed" means etc., then that would work and catch the eye.

(personally, I don't care at all for non-fiction covers, what's much more important is that the cover text clearly articulates the subject matter - e.g., beginner, expert, dummy; deep-dive, overview, investigation and so on)

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lorri Moulton [Lavender Lass Books] said:
How about a blue or black background with white letters? Maybe a white banner on the bottom with all your symbols? I think placing them all about is distracting, but I'm not your target audience. Best of luck with the book!
Yes, good thought. I am thinking about having a dark background cover and a white, splitting between formats to get an idea which one attracts more attention.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
jm2019 said:
I think my point is who would know what "remote viewing" means (I read your explanation, it's clear you know a lot about it, but does your target audience?)

So, if the series is about predicting winners and losers in various fields/topics, then wouldn't it be simpler for the title to just say

The "Book One" is still really confusing. Now it makes it look like you're going to discuss this specific topic (Crypto) in more than one book, but I'm guessing what you're trying to say is that this is Book one of the whole remote viewing concept?

What about this:

Remote Viewed Series - predicting winners and losers (the future is redundant, you're predicting... implies future)

Cryptocurrency
who will win the race?
Drop the Book one, name the series as "Remote Viewed" in Amazon and use it in every headline tag of your books.

This would make it clearer about what the series is and what I'm getting with book one.

Now, having said that, if your target audience is super niche and know what "remote viewed" means etc., then that would work and catch the eye.

(personally, I don't care at all for non-fiction covers, what's much more important is that the cover text clearly articulates the subject matter - e.g., beginner, expert, dummy; deep-dive, overview, investigation and so on)
I get what you are saying. It makes sense. I suppose I'm doing the impossible. Aiming for two different audiences with the same cover. Those interested in cryptos and those interested in remote viewing. The remote viewing is actually the key phrase to my persona. All the books I put out aim to demonstrate remote viewing and how it works. The whole purpose of my books to begin with, apart from having them pay for themselves.

Great point about predicting making future redundant! Taking 'future' out of the top line is going to mean making the text larger and increase the tracking, doing weird things to the balance. Damn. This is really testing my ability to artfully manipulate the text.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Addressed a couple of those issues. Fixed the top line and changed the font and size for the author's name.

·
Registered
143 Posts
jm2019 said:

i've got a couple books in the prosperity/divination/New Age catalog as well, and yes, everyone in that niche knows what "Remote Viewing" is

looking at Kiwi Joe's catalog, his main problem is getting himself placed in the proper niche/category

if he lands in a category where he's up against Princeton U's Cryptocurrency, sure, he'll stand out but not in a good way...

he shouldn't be trying to hide the fact it's about Remote Viewing (a psychic ability), because if he's too unclear about this he'll be risking returns, bad reviews, & complaints from those who expect more math-y chart-y means of predicting the future

1 - 14 of 14 Posts