Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, maybe there is already one of these on here... but I have yet to see it.
We talk about our pets, birds we see, books we read, our spouses, movies we love, tea/coffee we drink, snacks we eat... but just wondering since it is a kid-friendly place, is there a thread where we talk about our children/grandchildren on here? Can we? I have one precious nine-year-old girl and she just lights up our lives. So here's the place, go ahead brag about yours.

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
There was a thread a little while ago...  I think Neversleeps started it...  something about "Proud Mommies" in the title.  Let me see if I can find it....

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Neversleepsawink;) said:
Yep it was me...LOL!
Well, do we KILL this one now or what???? It is a little more broad, but are daddies gonna add to this and grandparents? I don't know, I'm new on Kindleboard (less than a month) I don't know it all yet... :-[ :-\

Thanks, Susan and "Winks", I shoulda asked you to begin with... duh... another blonde moment! MAN! :mad:

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
I'd say revive the other one to keep it all together.  There were already a few dads posting, no reason why it shouldn't be for  grandparents too!

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Meredith Sinclair said:
Well, do we KILL this one now or what???? It is a little more broad, but are daddies gonna add to this and grandparents? I don't know, I'm new on Kindleboard (less than a month) I don't know it all yet... :-[ :-\

Thanks, Susan and "Winks", I shoulda asked you to begin with... duh... another blonde moment! MAN! :mad:
Lol...I'm blonde too...I have lots of those "moments". ;)

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Susan in VA said:
I'd say revive the other one to keep it all together. There were already a few dads posting, no reason why it shouldn't be for grandparents too!
Ok, you two do nothing... I'll do the CPR! Here i go back to the other thread... if I get lost.........leave me there! :D

Wow, I just realized I am "talking" to two CATS!

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
Meredith Sinclair said:
Wow, I just realized I am "talking" to two CATS!
You say that as though there were something wrong with it.... ??? :D

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Susan in VA said:
You say that as though there were something wrong with it.... ??? :D
Well, between frogs and cats...hmmmmmmm.... CUTE cats are better I suppose, although I heard the frog was a prince, I do have Prince Charles as a distant relative, so royalty is in my blood... how to choose. ??? ??? ??? :D

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
My son used to scold me for talking to the cat -he said she's not a a person.  He gave up on that now.  I've even caught him asking her questions.

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
Meredith Sinclair said:
royalty is in my blood...
Then obviously you should be talking to cats, regal creatures that they are.

(Well, all but the two in Never's and my avatar... neither one of those looks particularly regal. :D)

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lynninva said:
My son used to scold me for talking to the cat -he said she's not a a person. He gave up on that now. I've even caught him asking her questions.
Well, our dog is another child for us... so both of our "kiddos" are staying with grandparents this week... our house is SO quiet. Husband is allergic to cats. DD has so many cat stuffed animals because she really wants a real one. Neither my husband or I care so much for them anyway... sorry I guess I am NEEDY... isn't that what all cat people call dog people??? :D

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Susan in VA said:
Then obviously you should be talking to cats, regal creatures that they are.

(Well, all but the two in Never's and my avatar... neither one of those looks particularly regal. :D)
True... :D

·
Registered
21,587 Posts
Now that is funny......Meredith did I get this straight:
You and Never and Susan are all having blonde moments?

As Susan will testify I can have a "platinum blonde" (ok silver/grey) moment.

You know there is a very large number of (I want to say kitty) cat avatars on KB.
Even many of the male gender are using them.
I sometimes feel outnumbered.
But that is ok, I like cats too.  It is just that my siamese/tortoise shell mix died of old age a little over a year ago and I am cat-less right now. (even though we have my daughter's cat in the house).

Ok, so off to the old thread to brag about our offspring.

Just braggin.....

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
I have a lot of grandchildren so maybe we can have a thread for posting cute things our grandchildren do. I can keep that going on my own with 8 grandsons and 1 granddaughter.  ;D

·
Super Moderator
67,251 Posts
Kathy, I'm pretty sure you're IN that thread. . . . .post away!  :D

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
I just received this from one of my daughters. This is Blake, he will be 6 yrs old in July. They all have a special place in my heart, but Blake was born the day my Mother passed away. I'll never forget getting the call from Erin and she was so excited with the birth of her first child. I wouldn't let anyone tell her Mother had died for a week. I wanted her to enjoy her baby. I have alway felt that my Mother died to allow room for this little one.

She sent me this email.

Blake ran a half-mile fun run tonight, his first race ever. He placed second in the "0-5 years" age group. He is SO excited, and I don't know if I've ever been more proud. Here are some pictures of my big boy!

Erin

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
geoffthomas said:
Now that is funny......Meredith did I get this straight:
You and Never and Susan are all having blonde moments?

As Susan will testify I can have a "platinum blonde" (ok silver/grey) moment.

You know there is a very large number of (I want to say kitty) cat avatars on KB.
Even many of the male gender are using them.
I sometimes feel outnumbered.
But that is ok, I like cats too. It is just that my siamese/tortoise shell mix died of old age a little over a year ago and I am cat-less right now. (even though we have my daughter's cat in the house).

Ok, so off to the old thread to brag about our offspring.

Just braggin.....
;D ;D Yep!

P.S. well, like I said I wanted a place to talk about my girl. She is quite amazing. She was born 3 1/2 months early (went into labor @ 25 weeks) and wieghed 2.2 #s which was big for her gestation she lost down to 1.6# while hospitalized.. She is a straight A student and has a heart of gold. I just love her so much. I needed a place to brag about her.

I do not know how to merge or whatever it's called. Sorry if we have a double thread... but I honestly never found it before I started this one. I know this does aggravate a lot of people on here... but on the author's threads OMG they have soooo many that are really the same it is CRAZY! So sorry if this is taking up too much space or whatever I would be happy if someone merged them. :-[

1 - 20 of 45 Posts