Kindle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I think I have posted a dozen or so times in here, but somehow I never did a proper introduction.
Reading has been my escape since mom stopped reading to me, and taught me to read for myself.
I am 51, married to the love of my life, with 2 grown sons, 1 daughter in law (whom I love like my own), 1 grown stepdaugher, and a grown step grandson!
My husband is a detention officer for our local jail, and I have been a 911 dispatcher there for over 15 years now. We live in a very small county, and only one person works the 911 center at a time, so during my 12 hour shifts I read a lot.
Kindleboards.com is just wonderful, and I hope to spend lots of time here!

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Welcome to Kindleboards, congratulations on your Kindle!

Glad you're enjoying the boards, be sure to check out our Book Klubs!

Betsy

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Neversleepsawink;) said:
Welcome.....its very addicting ;)
Watch out, you could spend more time here than reading.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Hi Theresa...you're the 911 person! I remember someone posting...I think at Amazon...that she wanted a Kindle to read during work and how great it was because you didn't need to worry about a bookmark.

Thanks for the intro!

L

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, I am the 911 lady! My Kindle has been a lifesaver at work. When the weather gets REALLY cold, I get fewer calls, so I can read more.
My only problem is several deputies who think it is funny to act like they are going to knock my Kindle off my desk whenever they walk by. There is going to be he** to pay if they break it!!

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi Theresa - glad you introduced your self!  Nice to have you here.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hi Theresa and a warm welcome to you from Myrtle Beach  ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts