Kindle Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've heard about Apple pulling the Kindle app. I like it. I like having the option to shop between both stores. hate to see it get pulled.

--- edited... no self-promotion (book covers, web links, mentioning your book/blog/etc.) in posts outside the Book Bazaar forum. please read our Forum Decorum thread.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I just got an iPad, and while I love it, after playing with it for a few days, I just can't see it becoming my primary reader. For straight dedicated, non-illustrated book reading, I still think kindle is best, followed closely by my Sony 350 (for library books.) Overdrive on iPad works nicely, so I can see using it for library books occasionally.

I LOVE it for news feeds, Netflix, tv shows, and photo galleries.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Love the app - love my Ipad  ;D

Kindle is mainly used for long airline travel due to the iPad battery life and reading in the sun (come on summer  :D)

HOWEVER...... if Amazon pulls the App I will regret the multiple Kindles we have purchased and possibly the iPad as well. A major selling point to increase the # of Kindles was the iPad / smartphone app.....

All this fighting between big businesses..... loose loose for the customer!

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
I'm taking it as a good sign that Apple didnt reject the latest updates to either the Netflix or Kindle apps.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Well, this kind of makes me sad. I really like the iPad and wanted to use it as an e-reader, primarily, once I get it. I really do like the K3 too, though. I just wish they could resolve this issue so that I could keep reading on my iDevices. I think that Apple is being greedy about the in-app purchases thing. I thought it only dealt with subscriptions, like with Netflix, but I guess it ranges to books as well. Sigh!

·
Registered
704 Posts
I like my K2 and my Ipad both to read on. I keep having a problem trying to turn a page with my finger on the screen on my K2.  It won't work!
I am glad I have both.... for poolside reading in the sun the K2 is best.
Brenda

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Well, been using and LOVING the new iPad with Kindle. Pease don't let Apple do something stupid and take this away!

41 - 49 of 49 Posts