Kindle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I edit descriptive content/Product Description on Amazon UK? I click Help/Publisher & Vendor Guides/Books but it only lets me edit info for my paperback and NOT my Kindle. If any of you can help, please point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
12,227 Posts
I have no idea. The only way I can think to do it would be to edit it the same place you edit your US info and I imagine that would update your info on the UK site. I could be wrong though, I'm very ignorant about Amazon UK.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Dara is correct.  The Product Description on Amazon.UK flows from the changes you make within KDP.  In other words, it should be the same as your Amazon.com description.  If you've made a recent change in KDP it may take a bit longer to populate the UK site than the .com site, though. 

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
The info that you put in when entering/editing your book on KDP.amazon.com will carry over to the UK, but it may take several days to show up.  You can override your KDP description and book info with the description you enter on Author Central US, but you can't do this for UK, at least not yet.  Auth Central gives you much more flexibility and control over the look of the description (ie, can use HTML formatting), so I recommend using it for your US presentation, and then just using the KDP stuff for your UK presentation.  Confusing enough for ya?

;) Maria

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maria, Steven and Dara,
Thanks for your feedback. But the info I submitted on KDP.amazon.com has not carried over to the UK, and it's been over a week now.

And Maria, how do I specify that I want to use Author Central info for Amazon.com (US) and KDP stuff for Amazon UK?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts