Kindle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help! I can't find where to import collections from my original Oasis to my new Oasis! I know it's simple, but I'm going crazy trying to find where that is! I don't remember where it is and my searches are not coming up with anything helpful. I remember seeing a place where I could choose from what device I wanted to copy them from in the past, but my brain is just not helping me today!

·
Registered
145 Posts
They changed how collections work when they went to cloud collections. 
-  If you go to “My Library” from the home page, select “ALL” on the left and “Collections” from the right (where you can select Grid or List View).  You can then see all the cloud collections you have.
  - Tap on the 3 dots on top of each other on the right of the collection you want to have on your device. 
  - Then select Add to Downloaded.  This will just put the empty collection on your device.
  -  Then go into the collection, if you have already downloaded those books, they will show up in the collection automatically.  If you have not downloaded them you can tap on each book to have it download.

This is the way I was able to get the collections I wanted from one kindle to another, if there is an easier way I don’t know it.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! I did see this way but it isn't how I've done it in the past so I was looking for that way and going crazy! There used to be a way to import them all from another device which was easier than one by one, but I guess if that's what they've changed it to, then that's what I'll do. Thanks for your answer!

·
Registered
145 Posts
You’ve always had to have the books loaded individually, but it used to be you could select all the collections from one kindle and have the collections loaded to the other, but they did away from that with the Cloud Collections.  Glad I could help.

I still wish there was an easier way to get a kindle loaded with the same books as a previous kindle. 

·
Super Moderator
67,285 Posts
I suspect it can be done via Amazon -- Your Content and Devices -- I intend to play with that some today and will report back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts