Kindle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is Audible.com the only way we can listen to audiobooks on our Kindle?  I had no idea the prices there were so expensive and definitely don't watch a subscription. 

Is there another way to buy or download audiobooks for free, and if so, in what format?  Thanks!

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
There websites that have free audiobooks.... Try PodioBooks.

You can also borrow them from the library and rip the CDs.... Format needs to be MP3 to play on the Kindle.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Audio books are great, and think of actually buying one they are like 40.00 a piece or some are as low as 25.00.  I know audible.com seems expensive but if you listen to a lot of books they are a great bargain.  They have a lot of different memberships to pick from.  Again, you can go to the library and check out books on CD and listen to them in your car or home if you have CD player.  If you rip them from the CD into your kindle this is very time consuming.  Audible.com is the cheapest way to download books that I know of next to just listening to the CD books from the library, only problem with that is that it is hard to get the best selling books or the NYT bestsellers from the library without waiting for months.  Audible has them instantly. Okay, so much for the selling of audible.com.  It works great with the Kindle.

Mary

·
Registered
20 Posts
libro said:
Is Audible.com the only way we can listen to audiobooks on our Kindle? I had no idea the prices there were so expensive and definitely don't watch a subscription.

Is there another way to buy or download audiobooks for free, and if so, in what format? Thanks!
My local library has them for FREE!! You just can't get much better than that!!

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
And now, to offer the obligatory smart-alec answer to the thread's question.

"How do I listen to audiobooks?"

Answer:  With your ears. 

;)

Sorry.  I couldn't resist.

*I now return you to the answers that are actually being helpful in this situation.  Hopefully, mine will at least give you a good laugh.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just noticed that B&N has the audiobook I need in MP3 format for about $15.00, less than Audible.  Since I don't plan to order many audiobooks, will the B&N MP3 format work?  The info said I had to download a "media console" platform for it to work. 

I'm ready to give up and buy the CD, but I hate dealing with multiple CDs.  Any ideas?  It's a new book.  Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts