Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have several journals and books in Amazon Kindle. See my published items: Amazon.com

I am yet to get teh desired sales. How can I boost my sales effectively? Is there any costless way to acheive this?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Those are actually "no-Content" journals... i don't know if KDP ads works with this kind of product

Edit: I see now some low content books too

·
Registered
5,617 Posts
So, cant I acheive increased sales without paying for facebook ads or other ads?
Probably not. The days of being able to sell consistently without advertising are pretty much gone. And I mean, of course there will be the occasional exception to this. And if you flog your stuff in some Facebook groups or use free advertising sites you'll likely move a few copies. But if you want this to be a business and make business money rather than coffee money, you have to treat it like a business. And that includes advertising.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Any business needs visibility in order to sell it's products. Especially on the internet and in a flooded marketplace like Amazon. Unless you already have some huge following somewhere on social media or elsewhere, the only way to get visibility is to pay for it with advertising.

If you are selling 2 or 3 of something without advertising, you are already ahead of the game. A whole lot of newbies to Amazon will never sell anything except to friends and family.

Did you take some course or follow some YouTuber's advice where they promised lots of sales and riches? If so, they were lying.

·
Registered
120 Posts
So, whats your advice?
Blank journals will sell only In printed version (of course) and need to sell cheaper than most books, but you also must pay the printing fees. Considering the current price of ads on KDP, I think paying ads for this kind of product could make you lose money.

Anyway, my experience with no-content books is actually zero, this is just a thought.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Any business needs visibility in order to sell it's products. Especially on the internet and in a flooded marketplace like Amazon. Unless you already have some huge following somewhere on social media or elsewhere, the only way to get visibility is to pay for it with advertising.

If you are selling 2 or 3 of something without advertising, you are already ahead of the game. A whole lot of newbies to Amazon will never sell anything except to friends and family.

Did you take some course or follow some YouTuber's advice where they promised lots of sales and riches? If so, they were lying.
Thanks, how do I go about social media ads for this type of books and journals? How can I minimise my ads cost?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Probably not. The days of being able to sell consistently without advertising are pretty much gone. And I mean, of course there will be the occasional exception to this. And if you flog your stuff in some Facebook groups or use free advertising sites you'll likely move a few copies. But if you want this to be a business and make business money rather than coffee money, you have to treat it like a business. And that includes advertising.
thanks.
what are the most effective social media ads and cost minimization for my type of journals and books?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Blank journals will sell only In printed version (of course) and need to sell cheaper than most books, but you also must pay the printing fees. Considering the current price of ads on KDP, I think paying ads for this kind of product could make you lose money.

Anyway, my experience with no-content books is actually zero, this is just a thought.
thanks.

·
Registered
5,897 Posts
Seriously? Why would anyone pay 6.99 for an exercise book? If you want to make money writing books, learn how to write them. I can buy a book like that from any stationery store for under a pound.

·
Registered
120 Posts
May i know if those about 2 sales you have per month are no-content (journals) or low-content (Number Tracing) book?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, I suggest you watch some YT videos on how to get started with Amazon Advertising. That's your best bet to grow sales. Alternatively, you can email me at [email protected] and I can offer my advertising services.

Some content I suggest you watch is Lucas K. Destiny Wishon. Travis Ziegler. Ad Badger. Ad Badger is probably the easiest to digest honestly, nothing against the badger if the badger is mysteriously viewing this post...

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
One option is to start a blog. Put some enticing content on it, that draws views. Advertise or promote your Amazon books there. Maybe it will increase your sales.

There is at least one other KB member who swears by his blog content selling his Amazon books. They're not low content books, though. But if you can put up a blog (and some can be done for free), it couldn't hurt. I've seen blogs where authors were promoting their books. It would be worth a try.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Seriously? Why would anyone pay 6.99 for an exercise book? If you want to make money writing books, learn how to write them. I can buy a book like that from any stationery store for under a pound.
Not exercise book. Amazon has given you access to take a preview before buying. Please do that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
One option is to start a blog. Put some enticing content on it, that draws views. Advertise or promote your Amazon books there. Maybe it will increase your sales.

There is at least one other KB member who swears by his blog content selling his Amazon books. They're not low content books, though. But if you can put up a blog (and some can be done for free), it couldn't hurt. I've seen blogs where authors were promoting their books. It would be worth a try.
Thanks. I have already started that. see www.bookspillar.blogspot.com

1 - 20 of 20 Posts