Kindle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Daniel and the Angel

How do readers know if there are new revisions? Or, has a new publishing date?
I added some more to my book. It was already a good piece, but I wanted to put some finishing touches to it.
Where do the readers go to see advertisements of new and revised Kindle books?

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
I don't think readers are informed; typically one does not publish until the book is finished, and the only time changes are made are because of formatting errors and the like--and if there are enough errors the reader will contact Amazon to complain.

Once you've published--let it go. It's not fair to the people who have already given you money to make any changes.

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
If you mean in terms of this forum, we have our Book Bazaar board where authors can post about their books, subject to our Forum Decorum rules.

I've moved this thread to Book Bazaar.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I'd agree with Thumper.  You really shouldn't publish work until you're satisfied with it, and once you do publish it then you should leave it alone.  You can always go back and find things you'd like to change or fiddle with, if you look for them.  I almost always can when I reread my own work.  But unless it's just a minor clerical error that somehow managed to slip through unnoticed and which can be easily corrected, I don't indulge the temptation to tinker.  As Thumper said, it's not fair to the readers who have already purchased the work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts