Kindle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious. First book going wide and I have no clue how to advertise my book on those platforms.

Also, where do you sell more? iBooks or Barnes and Nobel? (I know Amazon is 1, but who is 2 in your opinion?) Thanks a ton!

·
Registered
343 Posts
taytheking said:
Just curious. First book going wide and I have no clue how to advertise my book on those platforms.

Also, where do you sell more? iBooks or Barnes and Nobel? (I know Amazon is 1, but who is 2 in your opinion?) Thanks a ton!
Apple books sold far better for me than B&N when I was wide. It even outperformed Amazon some months.

I'm not sure how to specifically target readers on those platforms. They don't have things like AMS that advertise directly on the site. That being the case, Facebook is the primary way to do so. Combined with some features on the cheaper bargain book sites like Free Booksy or Book Barbarian. And of course, there's always Bookbub.

Just pick things related to your genre (be that authors, book series, or even media similar to your book) then narrow down to e-book readers instead of amazon kindle. Link to a books2read page for the bookthat will take them to their preferred retailer. In that way you catch all readers with one net.

This is my main plan once my books are back to wide. Maybe some other wide authors can chime in on what works. In the past I had good success with wide and permafree and will be returning to that strategy by early October. Although I'm thinking about charging 99 cents for a three book bundle in hopes that it will increase read through rate.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I believe the best way is by Facebook ads. When you do targeting you can find the demographics that specifically have an interest in iBooks or Nobel.

Mark

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Facebook ads can be targeted to Apple devices. If you have a first in series that is free a lot of advertising sites also advertise to Apple. Freebooksy, ENT, ReadingDeals, ManyBooks.Net, BookBarbarian. RobinReads hits BN and Amazon.

I don't have great sales on B&N, so no advice there. I love Apple though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts