Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished a new short story book and I just poured a celebratory 'drink', to toast myself. How do you, if you do, honor your hard work? A deep sigh doesn't count!  ???

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
I've made it a point only to celebrate sales and performance, because I'm some kind of borderline masochist when it comes to publishing. When a book / story does well in sales, I go out to dinner or buy something cool as a reward.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
David Scroggins said:
I've made it a point only to celebrate sales and performance, because I'm some kind of borderline masochist when it comes to publishing. When a book / story does well in sales, I go out to dinner or buy something cool as a reward.
Nice, David!

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I found these small bottles of champagne at the liquor store- one is perfect for two glasses of bubbly. Whenever I finish a first draft, my husband and I celebrate with a glass. Then it's back to work.  ;D

·
Registered
219 Posts
cegesmith said:
I found these small bottles of champagne at the liquor store- one is perfect for two glasses of bubbly. Whenever I finish a first draft, my husband and I celebrate with a glass. Then it's back to work. ;D
I like it :D

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
The first week I update the places my books are. The second week after it is out I take a break from writing and I paint that week, since I am also an artist.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Like Cege, I get a nice little 375ml bottle of champagne and share a glass with my partner.

Or sometimes a full bottle  ;D

·
Registered
34 Posts
Congrats on the new book!

Depending on the length, I take a few days off - ostensibly to catch up on things I didn't do while I was in writing-daze. Really it just ends up being a few slow paced days where I don't feel guilty about catching up on episodes of Supernatural, etc.  :)

·
Registered
7,648 Posts
I clean the house and scrape the stuff off the other stuff. Dried cat food off the floor. Tears and sweat and blood off my keyboard.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I take a day off, reading in bed with a cup of tea.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts