Kindle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I've found the page with the code for my signature, but I can't find anything like the old way of adding books where you could search Amazon to find the books and add them without a degree in IT coding..

Anyone got a clue for me?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
You're doing better than me. I still only have one book and one link in mine.
When I roll over your book list I see seven different links.

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're doing better than me. I still only have one book and one link in mine.
When I roll over your book list I see seven different links.
Yeah, but I have a trilogy I've just pulished so I want to change my signature. Besides finding how to add new ones, I'll need to remove 3 books. I can do that by deleting the code, I just don't know had to add the new ones.

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Found a link in FAQ but the link is broken. When I tried to change my books by replacing some of them it says too many characters, yet the were no more than I have now. No idea what to do.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I don't think we can have multiple books now. The system still lets you keep your old ones, but if you try to redo it, it gives a error that you cannot have more than one image and link. And all the links to the old booklinker seem to be dead.

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't think we can have multiple books now. The system still lets you keep your old ones, but if you try to redo it, it gives a error that you cannot have more than one image and link. And all the links to the old booklinker seem to be dead.
Yeah, it said only one image. Now I get what it meant. Ah, well, I guess that's progress for you.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
What annoys me is that they don't even show the signature in full. I guess if it was a one-line text thing it would be visible, but what's the point in allowing an image but then not showing it?

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
What annoys me is that they don't even show the signature in full. I guess if it was a one-line text thing it would be visible, but what's the point in allowing an image but then not showing it?
You control how much you can see in the sig line in your settings. If you're not seeing it in full, you need to make the change yourself.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I'm a bit slow, so forgive me if this has been answered already, but why are all the signatures cut in half horizontally?
Default setting. You can change it!

Go here: Kindle Forum

Next to Content Options, you'll see "Show people's signatures with their messages," and then expanded signatures just beneath it. Tick that and save and then you'll see full signatures all the time.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Resurrecting this thread (it's not years old, don't worry).

Anyone find a way to add more books to the signature here? I thought I could program the HTML for multiple images with only one link as a possible work around? I'd love to add more books as they come. Things do change, after all.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I think I once tried to do that and it considered the image as a link too? Been a while though, so I wouldn't swear on it. You could always try it though, if it doesn't accept it it'll just keep the old signature (ie you won't lose it).

It'd be nice if it did take an image though, as you could link to a series page instead of individual books. It's a workaround I've used on another forum.

But I have to say it's really annoying to be limited in this way. I don't understand the reasoning behind it, especially on a forum with a writers community :(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts