Kindle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys use to clean the screen? I don't want to use anything harmful to it. Microfiber cloth?  ???

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Many people do use a dry microfiber cloth.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I used the spray cleaner and cloth, I bought from the Apple store, I use to clean my Mac Books screen. I used this product to clean K2.

·
Registered
921 Posts
VMars said:
What do you guys use to clean the screen? I don't want to use anything harmful to it. Microfiber cloth? ???
I use a small microfiber cloth. Seems to work well for me. I keep it between the back of the kindle and the cover, the weight of the kindle keeps it from sliding out, and it's always handy when I need it. I'm sure with one of the other covers that have a pocket, you could keep it in there. I have the amazon cover right now and it doesn't have pockets, but like I said, it works well for me right behind the kindle and the cover.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I gently clean it with the eyeglass cleaning fabric that my eye doctor gives me when I go to him.  I wash this fabric regularly every few month with my clothes, and it works really well.  I wipe the screen gently and with a light tough.  For cat hairs and occasional fuzz, I gently blow on it.  I do not touch the screen with my fingers, or anything else.  It stays clean and clear for a long time.  She is always inside a closed cover if she is not being read...

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I use dust-off, the spray stuff you use to clean negatives before printing them.  I don't touch my screens w/anything either.
Ruby

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
Whatever I have handy...Seriously. I have a bunch of eyeglass cleaning wipes (like wet wipes) and I have an eyeglass cleaning spray and microfiber cloth. I don't spray it directly on the Kindle, but do spray it onto the cloth.

Mr Clean Eraser works great for cleaning the white part of the Kindle.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I forget the name of it, but the stuff I use can also be used on monitors, tv's, and other electronics. It's a spray.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I was using the eyeglass cleaning wipes (wet wipes) as well, until I read on the back not to use on specially coated monitor screens.  I'm not sure if our Ks have special coating or not.  Anyone? 
deb

·
Registered
723 Posts
I use Klear Screen
HD screen cleaner

(LCD, plasma, DLP projection screens etc)

Anti static, alcohol and ammonia free si very important in all these cases.

Do NOT use a paper towel or similar, they can in fact scratch these types of surfaces.
The sort of thing you only notice after many such uses.

And a micro cloth.
Just spray on the cloth not on the kindle.

Really should not be needed (moist) often,
unless a dog flings drool on it when you aren't looking.
Or you get surprised by a quick sneeze!

A light dusting with the micro cloth should take care orf 95% of you cleaning issues.

EL

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks guys! This really helps. I do have a microfiber cloth but I'll need to invest in some non-alcoholic cleaner.  ;D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts