Kindle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking for the link to the program that converts MS reader .lit to a format Pheobe can read. I can't seem to find it though  :-\
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,280 Posts
chobitz said:
So what file should I format it to for my kindle?
.txt is probably easiest. You can transfer that right to the Kindle with the USB, or email it to your Kindle.

L
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
I convert to pdb (palm).  It also works right on the Kindle.  I guess if you have the interest you could convert a book to each and look for differences.
 
G

·
Leslie said:
.txt is probably easiest. You can transfer that right to the Kindle with the USB, or email it to your Kindle.

L
I thought the e-mail conversion utility was on vacation?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,879 Posts
Bacardi Jim said:
Noooooooooooooo. Branson is something you drive THROUGH. Not something you drive "to."
I agree, but I took my parents there for their 50th anniversary at their request and his was the only show I got to pick and the only one I liked!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,280 Posts
Bacardi Jim said:
I thought the e-mail conversion utility was on vacation?
It seems to be on vacation for PDF files, but I sent a .doc and a .prc file and they showed right up.

L
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,087 Posts
chobitz said:
I was looking for the link to the program that converts MS reader .lit to a format Pheobe can read. I can't seem to find it though :-\
The best way to do this is with lit2mobi (part of the mobi2mobi package). It's very fast and doesn't put advertisements for itself in the file as the Amber program does.

Mike
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
67,325 Posts
Chad Winters said:
I've used that Convert Lit program before on my Windows Mobile PDA.....I'm just glad they changed the acronym they were using originally ;D
I can imagine. . . .I think . . . .did they really? Wow.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,280 Posts
Leslie said:
It seems to be on vacation for PDF files, but I sent a .doc and a .prc file and they showed right up.

L
And the PDF just showed up, 24 hours later!

L
 
G

·
Chad Winters said:
I've used that Convert Lit program before on my Windows Mobile PDA.....I'm just glad they changed the acronym they were using originally ;D
*having a Jason Mewes moment*

I AM THE MASTER OF THE........

(I don't care how nonsensical this appears. LR will bust a gut when she reads this. ;D )
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top