Kindle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When books have formatting problems, and get fixed/revised, the new versions are made available for purchase, and the old versions presumably just go away.

These revisions don't change the posted publication date, though.  Nor am I seeing any info on Amazon's book pages about revisions that may have been made since the first release date.

How does one know whether a book available on Amazon has been revised recently (or at all)?  Is there a way to see the date of the version being sold? 

For example, suppose I download a sample that looks like a promising tale but has atrocious formatting and grammar, enough to make me not want to read it in its current state.  How will I know, short of pestering the author for info on updates, when a new-and-improved version has been made available for sale?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Not long ago I purchased a book that was missing some text.  I and others posted reviews pointing out this problem and the publisher corrected it.  Weird thing that happened to me was that even when I tried downloading the corrected version, I kept getting the older, uncorrected one.  I called customer support and they had to refund my original purchase.  When I re-purchased it, the corrected text then downloaded properly.

I do wish Amazon provided some way to easily determine on their website when a book has been updated.

·
Registered
9,762 Posts
When you download a Kindle book you get the edition that you originally purchased unless you get a refund from Amazon and buy the book again.

Usually the publisher will note the date and number of any revised editions but there's no standard:

File Size: 1513 KB
Publisher: J. Hepple, Inc. DBA Elisco Publishing; 2 edition (September 22, 2008)

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Kindle Shortcuts and Kindle-friendly Websites. This concise Kindle user guide describes keyboard shortcuts and hidden Kindle features for both Kindle 2 and Kindle 1. Updated 04/28/2009

I ordered this item on 4/24. I was looking at my Manage Your Kindle area and noticed that this item had the updated notation and a little icon that said KindleDX.

deb

1 - 5 of 5 Posts