Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
12,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had it pointed out to me numerous times that I automatically tilt my head inward, toward the person I'm standing with, every time I have a pic taken.

Observe.
<-------------  :p

Even as a kid I did this. I blame it on my mom and grandma, who ruined me by trying to capture my whole life on film.  :D

Does anybody else fall into an unconscious stance when having a pic taken? Besides just smiling, I mean? If so, what do you do?

·
Registered
149 Posts
It seems I always have my mouth open and a weird look on my face in pictures. I hate having my picture taken. ew. Not photogenic at all.

That said, my two youngest girls (8 & 10) love to have their picture taken and always turn a little to the side put a hand on their hip and tilt their heads. If they are together they usually tilt their head toward even to the point of touching foreheads. They crack me up.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I try to get into as many photos as possible. My theory being that I'm never again going to be as young as I am now, and thus will probably never be as good looking as I am now. I'm convinced that if I don't have hoards of photos of my young and beautiful self, then when I'm 80 and drooling over old photo albums, I'll be highly upset that I didn't pose for a few more  ;D

Seriously though, I just try to not look like an idiot, which is harder than it sounds.

·
Registered
12,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Shellybean said:
It seems I always have my mouth open and a weird look on my face in pictures. I hate having my picture taken. ew. Not photogenic at all.
Totally know what you mean. My eyes are usually half closed in pictures. No matter how hard I concentrate on not blinking at the flash I can't seem to help it.

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
Interesting.  My folks did not take a lot of photos of myself or my brother as kids, for some reason.  So, I don't really have a pose.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
I generally yell and try to turn my head when I see a camera pointed at me. Invariably, that results in a less than flattering photo with mouth open and a scowl on my face. Lots of them now reside in family members photo albums. Sheesh, I should've just smiled my best and let them take the damn picture.

Joyce

·
Registered
9,659 Posts
I find I look my best standing behind the camera when the pic is taken.  Preferably with my eye to the viewfinder.

Seriously, I cannot produce a convincing smile on command.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I'm generally the one with the camera. That keeps me off most film. LoL. When I do have to have a picture taken, I either have the big, stupid, cheesy grin, or no facial expression at all. See, there is a reason I am off camera most times. I just can't take a good photo.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Yeah, I'm with the shutterbug crowd. (Comes of having grown up in a family supported by a professional photographer. Eldest child inherits the role.)

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I'm with the group that's avoiding having our pictures taken at all. :) I almost never like photos of myself.

My parents never owned a camera, so I don't have many childhood photos.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I always smile with my mouth closed.

This is because I broke my two front teeth at around 11 years old and nothing was done about this until I was about 14 and went to live with an aunt who took one look at me and immediately took me to a dentist.

Apparently my mother assumed that because I didn't say anything about it, I didn't care!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts