Kindle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...such that they affect the 'Top 100' status of a book? I have two books that often are in the top 100, but another of my books far outsells those two, yet it is never in the top 100. If there was something I set on those other two, I did it blindly, not knowing what I was doing, and now, I don't know how to set it for the others.

I asked this question in the thread where we listed our books that are in the Top 100, but I think it got overlooked. If anyone can give me some pointers on how to do this right, I'd so appreciate it.

TL

·
Registered
12,233 Posts
Hey Tommie Lynn. Is the book that outsells the others, yet isn't in the top 100, a different genre from your other books? Because some genres are more crowded so it takes higher sales to get into the top 100, whereas niche areas don't require as many sales to get to the top.

As for tagging, even though we choose our tags and keywords when we upload our books to KDP, I've seen many authors comment, wondering why their books are in the top 100 for categories they didn't even enter them in. It seems to be a mystery no one has quite figured out.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Dara, I think you answered my question. This book I'm asking about is suspense, and the other two are in different categories. I didn't do anything different when I uploaded each of them, so I couldn't figure out what the difference was...but I think you nailed it: the suspense category must be quite crowded.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts