Kindle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I have a question for you, because I wanna be honest.
I had received two kindle replacements because by mistake I cracked two times the screen. The first time I did a very big crack which made the kindle useless (only an half part of the screen works) while the second time only a little point on the screen appeared.
For the first time they did not ask for the kindle back, while for the second time they have sent an email asking for the broken kindle.
My questions are:
1) in both the cases (half screen broken or annoying point) does amazon have to change all the screen? because, if for amazon the work is the same, I was thinking to send back the kindle with the half screen broken.
2) do you know if they could check what kindle I sent them? do you believe that they could charge me the "free" replacement if they understand I sent them the first kindle and not the second one?

·
Registered
488 Posts
Yes, they have to replace the whole screen.
Yes, they can check if the Kindle you sent them is the correct one or not. Yes, they may charge you if you do that. They may also block the second Kindle from downloading anything from the Amazon store, archives, etc.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
As far as I know, they don't actually "repair" anything.  They just send you a different Kindle as a replacement.  I suppose it's technically possible for them to replace the screen, and put the Kindle back into a pool of refurbished ones, but it may not be cost effective.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.