Kindle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know on ebay there are many ebooks that are pirated.  Let me just say that I would never consider
buying like that..  Heck you could be getting a huge virus or worse and its against the law and I stay
away from that.  My question is how do they take a book such as Lord of the ring for example and
turn it into an ebook?  Just wanna know... 
Thanks...

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Optical Character Recognition software.... Or they are just scanned pages.... Or they went through the bother of typing it out....

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I have heard that people will sit and re-key (type) an entire book or series of books. Crazy, I know, but obviously some people have more time than sense.

L

G

·
gertiekindle said:
Well, if Zorro can use his whip to carve a Z, I'm certain the Balrog can. He does seem to have superior whip skills.
Errr.... Zorro used a sword.

No offense, sweetheart.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Bacardi Jim said:
Ah. A Leslie movie. ;)
Never saw it, actually. My m/m preferences tend to be towards the literary genre, although there were a few nice kisses in Milk.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks all.  I just can't imagine someone retyping a book.  Even scanning would take a long time. 
Just wanted to know....  Still loving my kindle..  I have really noticed that the prices of some
of the books are climbing up and up.  Shame shame...

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Never saw it, actually. My m/m preferences tend to be towards the literary genre
Oh, if you haven't seen it, you really really should. It's a comedy, so it's no Brokeback Mountain, for example. Also, it was an early to mid 80s movie. No m/m action, and frankly not much of any other type of action either (in that sense). But to see George Hamilton dressed up in those hilarious Zorro outfits....priceless. This clip was by far the most popular on youtube (also a family favorite in our house). I give this movie two thumbs way way up. Don't worry, it is completely family friendly.

The subtitles are, apparently, Dutch. Also, I believe Ron Leibman played Dortmunder in an unrelated movie. Bacardi Jim will know.

~robin

1 - 13 of 13 Posts