Kindle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't say I am happy with who I self published with and would like to change but how easy is it? Would I have to start from scratch? What would happen if for example I signed up to create space, does my current publisher become null and void or do I have to hand in my notice to them? Do I need a new ISBN? Sorry may be a bit of a numpty question but I really don't have a clue.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Abigail,
this is a timely post for me, as I am about to do that myself.  I will 'switch' print publishers of my book, White Seed, from XXXXXX to Create Space.  In my case, I think the old publisher requires a two or threee day notice, after which they take down my book.  I think the trickiest part of this will be the timing.  I plan on having most of the pieces in place at CS, then notifiying old publisher to take down the book, then, when it's gone, telling CS to put up the new.  I'm sure there are some folks here who have done this already and will supply us with handy hints.
Best!

·
Registered
876 Posts
Yes, I imagine you would need an ISBN. It's best to buy your own ISBNs imo, instead of getting free ones. Every time you switch, you end up with various editions floating round the internet, and someone could search for your book, the old one comes up, saying 'Out of Stock', and you lose a sale. With your own ISBNs, you take the same edition with you.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Most of the answers to your questions depend on the contract you signed.
The ISBN you absolutely want to change. If you happened to have bought the ISBN and published under your own publishing company name, even then you likely will want to for a new editing, so the distribution of the book doesn't get confused.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts