Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spelled my own name wrong to sign in--should be Marilyn Meredith. I'm an author of many books, mostly mysteries, and a lot of them are on Kindle. I have a series with a Native American deputy sheriff who lives and works in a mountain community. The ones I know for sure that are on Kindle are the last three: Calling the Dead, Judgment Fire and Kindred Spirits. The very first mystery I wrote, The Astral Gift, is also available. It has a touch of the supernatural, as does a romance called Lingering Spirit.

Another series I've written is the Rocky Bluff P.D. crime series set in a beach community in Southern California.
I used the name F. M. Meredith on those books. If you're interested, do a search using that name.

So nice to be here.

Marilyn
http://fictionforyou.com

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Hi Marilyn, welcome. We do like having authors here at Kindleboards.

We do allow authors to promote their books. We ask they you have one thread per book -- ie, not start multiple threads for the same book. Also, we have a link maker that you can use to make links to Amazon so people can read about your book, download a sample, and buy it if they want.

This post from one of our members, CS, has some great suggestions.

http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,6345.msg131262.html#msg131262

Enjoy your time here!

L

(PS, you can go to your profile and change your user name if you want to correct the spelling. Your login name will always be the one you used to sign up, but you can change the name that people see here in the forum whenever you like.)

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Welcome.  Great to have another author aboard.
deb

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Welcome aboard!  8)

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Welcome.  :)

Are all your books set in California or just the ones under F. M. Meredith?

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I always have trouble figuring out how to use these message boards, so excuse me if it takes awhile for me to respond.

First, thank you so much for all the welcomes.

And yes, my books are all set in California. I'm fourth generation Californian so I'm writing about locales that I really know. In both my series I'm writing about a real place but have changed in the names.

In the lastest Deputy Tempe Crabtree book, Tempe leaves Bear Creek (really the town I live in) and travels to Crescent City and Santa Barbara to investigate a murder. (Both are real names and places.)

Marilyn

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Hi Marilyn, and welcome to Kindleboards. A question -- do you have a bibliography on your website that shows exactly what books go with which series, and in what order they should be read and/or were written? It's not completely clear on Amazon for all of them, and I'm not seeing that on your website. Sure would be helpful for those of us who are like to read things in order in a series, even when it's not *really* required. :)

By the way, it looks like more than just the last 3 of the Tempe Crabtree books are available on Kindle, along with the Rocky Bluff books! :) Here's a link to what appears to be the first Tempe book, Deadly Omen:

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Steph H said:
A question -- do you have a bibliography on your website that shows exactly what books go with which series, and in what order they should be read and/or were written? It's not completely clear on Amazon for all of them, and I'm not seeing that on your website. Sure would be helpful for those of us who are like to read things in order in a series, even when it's not *really* required. :)
LOL...glad you asked the question. I'm one of those funny ones who likes to read in order... ;)

Nice to have you here with us Marilyn :)

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I like to read in order also, even when it's not required. 
deb

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi Marilyn,

Great to discover Kindle Boards and to see your name!

(Hope I'm using this correctly.)

All the best,
Monti

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My website is undergoing revision as we speak. But here is the order of the Deputy Tempe Crabtree series:

Deadly Trail (really a prequel, not sure if it's on Kindle or not)
Deadly Trail
Deadly Omen
Unequally Yoked (went out of print--is going to be reprinted, may already be on Kindle)
Wingbeat
Calling the Dead
Judgment Fire
Kindred Spirits

For the Rocky Bluff P.D. series written as F. M. Meredith
Final Respects
Bad Tidings (Only books left are the ones I have--and it's not on Kindle)
Fringe Benefits
Smell of Death (I'm the only one with those books, not sure if they are on Kindle yet.)
No Sanctuary

(Can you guess I don't have a Kindle yet? I've seen one, held it in my hot little hands and I'm lusting after it, but have to wait until I sell a few more books.)

Hi, Monti, waving.

Marilyn
http://fictionforyou.com and my blog is http://marilynmeredith.blogspot.com

·
Super Moderator
67,316 Posts
MarilynMeredith said:
(Can you guess I don't have a Kindle yet? I've seen one, held it in my hot little hands and I'm lusting after it, but have to wait until I sell a few more books.)
Well. That is EXACTLY the right thing to say! Folks on these boards love the Kindle so much, some of them will buy your books just so you will have the money to get your own Kindle! :D I predict you'll have one by the end of the summer, if not sooner.

Ann

·
Registered
501 Posts
MarilynMeredith said:
My website is undergoing revision as we speak. But here is the order of the Deputy Tempe Crabtree series:

Deadly Trail (really a prequel, not sure if it's on Kindle or not)
Deadly Trail
Deadly Omen
Unequally Yoked (went out of print--is going to be reprinted, may already be on Kindle)
Wingbeat
Calling the Dead
Judgment Fire
Kindred Spirits

For the Rocky Bluff P.D. series written as F. M. Meredith
Final Respects
Bad Tidings (Only books left are the ones I have--and it's not on Kindle)
Fringe Benefits
Smell of Death (I'm the only one with those books, not sure if they are on Kindle yet.)
No Sanctuary

Hi, Monti, waving.

Marilyn
http://fictionforyou.com and my blog is http://marilynmeredith.blogspot.com
Marilyn - welcome to KB, and I'm looking forward to reading your books - they sound very good, and reviews are glowing!

I'm interested in your thoughts as an author about which books of yours are available on the Kindle! Most of them are, but "Bad Tidings" and "Smell of Death" are not - other books in that same series, both earlier and later ones, ARE in the Kindle Store. Is it up to you, your publisher, or another entity, to decide when (or even IF) these will become available to Kindle? Do you have control over this? I've clicked the "I'd like to read this book on Kindle" on the Amazon page for the paperbook versions - do YOU get any personal feedback when this happens to your non-Kindle books on Amazon?

Thanks for any insight that you can give us!

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Marilyn, thanks much for the lists! Just the thing for anal picky particular cautious folks like me who like to follow a character's development. ;)

As Ann says, you'll have a Kindle in no time, now that you've found us... ;D (Modest, ain't we?)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts