Kindle Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
OwenAdams said:
Yeah, from the looks of it he's quite well known in fantasy and book review circles. Like I say, if I'm breaking the rules by posting the critical information here then I'm very sorry.
Ripped from his goodreads page: "Robert Stanek has been a writer for over 30 years and is the author of over 50 bestsellers"

Over there he's been an author for 30 years and has not 1, not 2, but 50 bestsellers!

Quite an achievement indeed!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
For the record, I don't know why some people think it's funny to run around spreading nonsense about me, except that it seems to puff them up while pushing me down.

Recently, I read something about where someone said something similar about Hugh Howey and how he responded that some people like throwing stones at giants or such. Some people *do* like throwing stones at giants.

Nonsense sites like conjugalfelicity have been was used to break down support for my work, to get readers to stop discussing, reviewing, or otherwise talking about my work. Whenever that fails, they attack readers directly on any site where readers dare to talk about, review or otherwise support my work.

The fact of the matter is that out of over 200 Robert Stanek titles on Amazon.com (the total from a few years back), only 14 ever had 12 or more reviews, of the remaining 165 never had any reviews in the first place.

I've blogged about this nonsense for many years and I really could care less what anyone thinks. I've spent the past 20 years of my life writing books -- and if my body of work encompassing 20 million published words isn't enough proof for you. Whatever.

And HELLO, I have THOUSANDS of live titles, over 1,000 titles in English in library distribution. While I've been typing this, 100 people have bought, downloaded, and/or read my work somewhere in the world. A merry Christmas indeed!

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'll just restate what I said in the other post....congratulations on your 20 yr career. The number of books attached to your amazon author page is staggering. It displays that I have a lot of work to do!  It is something to be proud of. Also as someone that drudges around in the IT world for my day job....please use your contract with Microsoft press and your fiction background to make MS books less boring. :p  A sincere Merry Christmas sir.

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Robert Stanek said:
Recently, I read something about where someone said something similar about Hugh Howey and how he responded that some people like throwing stones at giants or such. Some people *do* like throwing stones at giants.
Hugh is the walking definition of modesty - so I don't think he'd have put it quite like that! That sounds more like something Konrath would have said on a thread about Hugh.

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Folks,

We've done some clean up of this thread, removing and editing posts that did not add to the conversation.  We understand that there are members who are interested in and concerned about the questions raised by the linked blog and, after much discussion, have decided to leave the link.  We also believe Robert has the right to respond to those questions if he chooses to, so we are unlocking the thread.  I've also merged a second thread that was started as a response, sorry for any confusion that might have caused.

Please keep things civil.  "Popcorn" comments and attacks will be removed.  Legitimate, civil questions are okay.

Betsy (and Ann)
KBoards Moderators

21 - 25 of 25 Posts