Kindle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what peoples experiences were of selling on KDP. My books are selling (which is great!) at they rate of a few a day, with odd days where they are not. I am actively promoting them here and there and I am confident they are good enough to be successful, as I have had good reviews from agents. I was just wondering how long it took for people to see a decent increase in sales.

Thanks

Storymagus

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
I'm still definitely in the "trickle" stage. I've been messing with e-books since about the beginning of the year and sell about 30-40 copies a month.

I believe that the secret may be a combination of word-of-mouth and momentum.

I've been told that numbers can help. Once a writer gets more than a few books out there the odds increase that a reader will pick up one of them - like it - and then buy the rest of them.

Of course, if they don't like that first book, then you aren't ever going to get them to risk picking up the rest of them.

So, it is a combination of writing as many books as you can as well as you can - and hopefully not stinking up the joint.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I like to leave nothing to chance. I have 18 books available and they are all on multiple platforms. This ensures that I have sales coming in throughout the day. The trickle turn into a relative flood for me when I started to write for unrepresented niches that had a lot of interested people, but no e-books. People are appreciative of my books in those categories. For instance, when I first started writing grappling books (submission wrestling) I was the first one to have an e-book that wasn't an instructional. My sales took off!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts